Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Ver.) Spec + Pi

If you want to pay more, there's always the Ultimetal version. IMO the definitive prime to have as far as shelf presence is concerned.
Interesting. Who makes this definitive Prime that I want now lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Re: Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Ver.) Spec + Pi

is this going to be diecast ?

is this going to be diecast ?
I think myself and a few others have answered this already, but odds are it will be because the first one was as well

This figure is about 3 inches taller than masterpiece MP-10 Prime. A little taller would have be nice but the fact that it's in scale with most other Hot Toys figures is enough for me. The Masterpiece figures are too small to display with Hot Toys figures. This Prime won't have that problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think myself and a few others have answered this already, but odds are it will be because the first one was as well

Sorry wrong thread. Thought it was RoboCop for a minute Lol

Hmm....the smaller head when next to regular sixth scales kind of put it off a little. Maybe I should just save up a crapload and just get the Prime 1. Hahaha

Wow...Hot Toys dropped a nuke with getting the Transformers' license. I'm surprised Hasbro & Takara allowed this...

This figure is about 3 inches taller than masterpiece MP-10 Prime. A little taller would have be nice but the fact that it's in scale with most other Hot Toys figures is enough for me. The Masterpiece figures are too small to display with Hot Toys figures. This Prime won't have that problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What do you mean by in scale with other HT figures? So a real life OP will be 8 feet tall?

What do you mean by in scale with other HT figures? So a real life OP will be 8 feet tall?
Sarcasm or...?
I guess he meant it'll be around 12", thus making it look somewhat proportional on display with other HT figures.
Hell, even MoS is bashed for not being in scale.

I'm not down with the fact that it's "inline" with other HT figs. Who cares? Its Optimus ****ing Prime, not "the Mandarin" played by a 5'8" Ben Kingsley like wtf. At LEAST "16 would've been awesome

I'm not down with the fact that it's "inline" with other HT figs. Who cares? Its Optimus ****ing Prime, not "the Mandarin" played by a 5'8" Ben Kingsley like wtf. At LEAST "16 would've been awesome

I would've been cool if Neca made an 18" OP like this without all the ******** parts. Would look uber majestic like my Gipsy Danger. Hell yeah. Put some light effects on the Matrix of Leadership and his eyes, and I'd be all set. But now that I keep looking at him in the SDCC pics, this might not be an insta-buy after all.

I would've been cool if Neca made an 18" OP like this without all the ******** parts. Would look uber majestic like my Gipsy Danger. Hell yeah. Put some light effects on the Matrix of Leadership and his eyes, and I'd be all set. But now that I keep looking at him in the SDCC pics, this might not be an insta-buy after all.
I just came lol

Actually quite interested in this, even tho I've got the Takara MPs. The Starscream/Megatron armour addons are just distraction, but the figure itself looks good. Especially liking the "weathered" paint. Big question is will we get Soundwave, Megatron, Jazz etc.. and will they be in the same style, and in a relative scale (as the MP line is now).

Nowhere did I say it would be in scale with a real life OP...

Most HT figures are around 12" so he will be 'detolf' size just like the rest of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I care and that's why I will be buying it. 16" would have been awesome but he is not 16". But he IS bigger than MP-10

I care and that's why I will be buying it. 16" would have been awesome but he is not 16". But he IS bigger than MP-10

Two be honest man, other than me I'm sure most ppl thought this would be bigger and would probably prefer it so. 12" for a Optimus is Tiny. Why does it matter what the MP-10 is? What does that have to do with anything. I'll probably still pick it up but the fact that it'll look nice next to other 1/6s is ******. That it'll be as small as Ben Kingsley's Manadarin makes me sad and TOTALLY takes away from the fig IMO

This doesn't look right - picture him as tall as Black Widow and standing next to each other or something like that.

Wish this was around the size of a 1/4 scale "humanoid" character.

This doesn't look right - picture him as tall as Black Widow and standing next to each other or something like that.

Wish this was around the size of a 1/4 scale "humanoid" character.

Why would you pose him next to widow is the question. Pose him next to transformers.

Back