Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Ver.) Spec + Pi

Why would you pose him next to widow is the question. Pose him next to transformers.

Lol good one. I actually don't own a Blackwidow figure but I just couldn't help think of them together being as they are both from Hot Toys haha...

Re: Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Ver.) Spec + Pi

Two be honest man, other than me I'm sure most ppl thought this would be bigger and would probably prefer it so. 12" for a Optimus is Tiny. Why does it matter what the MP-10 is? What does that have to do with anything. I'll probably still pick it up but the fact that it'll look nice next to other 1/6s is ******. That it'll be as small as Ben Kingsley's Manadarin makes me sad and TOTALLY takes away from the fig IMO

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

As I have been doing all along I am speaking from MY personal perspective so him being bigger than MP10 matters to ME. Just because you don't give a **** doesn't discount my perspective and opinion. MP10 has been mentioned throughout this thread.. Why? Because that is the 'prime' Prime figure out right now. My initial statement was that MP10 and the rest of the masterpiece line appear too small when displayed in detolfs that contain 12" figures in other cubes. In comparison this is bigger so it will look a bit better. It's really not that difficult a concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I have been doing all along I am speaking from MY personal perspective so him being bigger than MP10 matters to ME. Just because you don't give a **** doesn't discount my perspective and opinion. MP10 has been mentioned throughout this thread.. Why? Because that is the 'prime' Prime figure out right now. My initial statement was that MP10 and the rest of the masterpiece line appear too small when displayed in detolfs that contain 12" figures in other cubes. In comparison this is bigger so it will look a bit better. It's really not that difficult a concept.

Hey to each his own. You're only one person. Besides this is only my opinion too. Never stated it as a fact or something

Hey to each his own. You're only one person. Besides this is only my opinion too. Never stated it as a fact or something

I feel you and I respect your opinion. In fact I agree that this would be awesome if he was bigger. I'm just happier to accept him 'only' being 12" inches when my alternative would be a 9" figure.. Because I'm not paying $900+ for the Unimetal Prime! Lol

Its not just me I guess

heres a good size comparison

10465436_750520651653455_6060978705789859275_o.jpg

10547316_750520904986763_1386444626222511098_o.jpg

Holy ****, that just did it, seeing him next to Iron Man and how freaking good he looks, I have to get this, that is a must, that is quite possibly the coolest looking optimus i've seen. I'm surprised ppl expected this to be bigger than 12 inches, I never had that thought, probably because I can't imagine owning an entire line of transformers that is 16-18 inches tall, I barely have room for one 18 inch figure and I might get rid of that for this. Sorry, i just don't see the draw to 18 inch figures, I will always choose the smaller scale first if there's a choice.

just to be clear this doesn't transform right?

It transforms $330 into a 12" figure.

Looks great, BD paint and all. Love the shiny Primes, but this will be a nice departure from that.

It transforms $330 into a 12" figure.
Loled hard at this. I didn't think of it that way!
Ultimetal OP is uber awesome. And uber expensive. Craps. I guess I could wait a few more years before someone else does it proper for cheaper.

In all honesty, if HT would've gone the 1/4 "size" route, we would be here all complaining about the $700 price tag. And that's plastic.

A diecast HT in 1/4 would've easily rivaled ultimetal's price.

In all honesty, if HT would've gone the 1/4 "size" route, we would be here all complaining about the $700 price tag. And that's plastic.

A diecast HT in 1/4 would've easily rivaled ultimetal's price.
I would've bought that if it was like say 20-24". I would've preferred "16 for like $450-500

I've never purchased a Hot Toy before, but a friend told me about this and now I'm gonna be forced to have to drop a Sideshow statue line so I can move this HT TF one in to my budget.

So far the only thing really bugging me is Optimus' blaster not being show accurate. Geez, even the head sculpt is off, which makes me think that HT is basing the design off of the original Takara box art from Japan that was created before Hasbro/Marvel picked them up and retconned it into the Transformers franchise:

27210917d1298190087-best-transforme.jpg

Can anyone tell me about Hot Toys in general? Do they scale their figures so that everyone isn't the same height? Would Bumblebee be the same size as Optimus if he's ever made? Could Grimlock be taller?

Thanks

I've never purchased a Hot Toy before, but a friend told me about this and now I'm gonna be forced to have to drop a Sideshow statue line so I can move this HT TF one in to my budget.

So far the only thing really bugging me is Optimus' blaster not being show accurate. Geez, even the head sculpt is off, which makes me think that HT is basing the design off of the original Takara box art from Japan that was created before Hasbro/Marvel picked them up and retconned it into the Transformers franchise:

View attachment 123505

Can anyone tell me about Hot Toys in general? Do they scale their figures so that everyone isn't the same height? Would Bumblebee be the same size as Optimus if he's ever made? Could Grimlock be taller?

Thanks
Normally they do 1/6th scale figures of movie and comic book licenses. Sometimes of vehicles as well. LIke the Tumbler or the Batmobile from the Burton movie. They also do like ra Dom characters that are popular in China and a **** load of IronMan figures.
What a blast from the past! I had that poster on my wall as a kid!
No way. That IS an awesome poster

Back