Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup! Just waiting on Drax left for the team... Win or fail with the sculpt/overall piece. Just hoping the time it's taking for the PO to go up, that they are actually working and tweaking him out. Also, you know they're gonna make Ronin and some of the others too. Those I may pass on though.

Doubt it! :dunno ..... but I want it to happen :pray:

Will definately be getting a Starlord. Not gonna pre-order though as I'd probably prefer a prison or uniformed look to his rogue look. They should've induced a short jack with this one

well, I already preordered all of them except drax. but honestly, the movie was not hat good for me.
the movie was too short to introduce all the characters properly, even the final battle scene felt like lacking creativity.
anyway, I enjoyed watching rocket. definitely my favorite of all the other characters

this movie came out only today in my country, but the preorder of the figures already closed before I watch the movie, so I must place my order first.
I was so sure this will be another great movie from marvel, but apparently fhe movie wasn't as good as I expected, at least not up to my taste
I intend to keep starlord, groot, rocket, and maybe gamora, but not drax.
maybe the movie not good enough buy I find the characters are cool. just like I collect ht ghostrider but not really enjoy the movie

So...you spend the equivalent of over 500 US dollars on figures from a movie you don't like? :cuckoo:

Surely you're able to cancel your pre-orders from wherever you placed them. If not...maybe you should take it as a lesson and not pre-order figures from movies you haven't seen yet. It seems really crazy to me that you'd have expensive figures from films you don't like.

no, I can't cancel my preorder.
for example, the preorder for rocket & groot opened until 3 august, but I can onky see the movie on 20 august in my country.
I don't hate the movie, it's just not live to my expectations or maybe not as good as some people said it was
to each their own I guess. anyway as I said, I like the characters but not the movie.
another example is I don't really enjoy watching the dark knight rises, but it doesn't mean I won't preorder any batman tdkr figure.
I like batman in general as a character. it the same like gotg:wave

no, I can't cancel my preorder.
for example, the preorder for rocket & groot opened until 3 august, but I can onky see the movie on 20 august in my country.
I don't hate the movie, it's just not live to my expectations or maybe not as good as some people said it was
to each their own I guess. anyway as I said, I like the characters but not the movie.
another example is I don't really enjoy watching the dark knight rises, but it doesn't mean I won't preorder any batman tdkr figure.
I like batman in general as a character. it the same like gotg:wave

Uhm you can still cancel? Your posts make no sense. So you ordered before you saw the movie? Big whoop. You can probably still cancel from the dealer. Was there a deposit or you pay upfront? You still should be able to get the money back or maybe even the deposit? Makes no sense to keep your order when you really didn't even enjoy the movie.

Uhm you can still cancel? Your posts make no sense. So you ordered before you saw the movie? Big whoop. You can probably still cancel from the dealer. Was there a deposit or you pay upfront? You still should be able to get the money back or maybe even the deposit? Makes no sense to keep your order when you really didn't even enjoy the movie.
on every preorder on my country, you must pay around $50 to the seller and paid the rest when the figure comes out. so I can't cancel my preorder (if you know fellow collectors from indonesia then you can ask them in person)
and you must know I'm not a troll (you can check my previous posts if you must)
I just like the characters (except drax) but not the movie.
I bought several marvel figures which films I didn't enjoy.
iron patriot & mk 42 were the recent example. i think not all people like the movie but they ordered the figures anyway,
just because they like the characters.

think of it like great characters you like that was put in a decent movie, but you like the suit, gadget, and generally looks cool to put in your marvel character line:hi5:

on every preorder on my country, you must pay around $50 to the seller and paid the rest when the figure comes out. so I can't cancel my preorder (if you know fellow collectors from indonesia then you can ask them in person)
and you must know I'm not a troll (you can check my previous posts if you must)
I just like the characters (except drax) but not the movie.
I bought several marvel figures which films I didn't enjoy.
iron patriot & mk 42 were the recent example. i think not all people like the movie but they ordered the figures anyway,
just because they like the characters.

think of it like great characters you like that was put in a decent movie, but you like the suit, gadget, and generally looks cool to put in your marvel character line:hi5:

That makes more sense. So you don't want to cancel due to the $50 deposit. Well it's all up to you.

I'd say you have very good chances. Nearly guaranteed to get one. Not sure as to when it'll convert but you'll get it!

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I really enjoyed the movie and decided a little too late that I wanted to get these figures. I hope to get the EX but will settle for the reg if not. Fortunately I won't have to worry about getting the Rocket & Groot EX. This is my daughter's favorite movie, and she was looking over my shoulder while I was checking them out on Sideshow's website. She kind of gave me that extra little push to go ahead and PO these. Now she wants me to take her to see the movie for the third time. :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I really enjoyed the movie and decided a little too late that I wanted to get these figures. I hope to get the EX but will settle for the reg if not. Fortunately I won't have to worry about getting the Rocket & Groot EX. This is my daughter's favorite movie, and she was looking over my shoulder while I was checking them out on Sideshow's website. She kind of gave me that extra little push to go ahead and PO these. Now she wants me to take her to see the movie for the third time. :)

Haha awesome! It's great to see another father daughter combo :hi5:

Thanks!! I am going to have to wait until the bluray release so it may be awhile. I can't imagine not liking it though - I have liked all the movies so far.

I thought it was really refreshing. Don't get me wrong I love all the marvel movies so far but this one was simply different which is something I thoroughly enjoyed. Plus you got 5 heroes instead of one which is cool

Thanks!! I am going to have to wait until the bluray release so it may be awhile. I can't imagine not liking it though - I have liked all the movies so far.

If you've liked all the other Marvel movies (especially Avengers, since that's what your signature gif is from), then you're bound to like this one. It's my favourite movie. Not just favourite of the Marvel movies. Oh no. It's...my favourite movie. I mean, I LOVE this movie. I haven't read the comics but will soon. I was taken by surprise by Drax, and if you aren't familiar with the source material, I'm sure you will be, too. I thought he'd be a boring character but he ended up being one of my favourites (but let's be honest, every character in this movie is my favourite for their own reasons).

Back