Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The little Smaug is just part of that mini-line of statues.

No doesn't appear so. A little surprised he isn't but they're taking some stuff to NYCC so he may be there.

That would be 'Smauglet', as we are now calling him :p

Basically, Weta decided to cover both of their bases, they made a large, no doubt expensive and Limited Edition Smaug and then also made a much smaller, cheaper and I have no doubt will be Open Edition Smaug for everyone else.

While the big Smaug would be cool to have, I already have a large Smaug, so I'll just get Smauglet which means I'll have both covered, Book and Film versions.
Makes sense. Thanks for the info. Really hope we do see a Legolas.

Have the prices for any of these new Weta pieces been announced?

More shots by Phanatix:

Smaug2014_03_zps68cdacfe.jpg

Smaug2014_05_zpsffb98de4.jpg

Smaug2014_04_zps87cfc8b0.jpg

He's as big as Rivendell I think a few inches taller and a few inches longer

That would be 'Smauglet', as we are now calling him :p

Basically, Weta decided to cover both of their bases, they made a large, no doubt expensive and Limited Edition Smaug and then also made a much smaller, cheaper and I have no doubt will be Open Edition Smaug for everyone else.While the big Smaug would be cool to have, I already have a large Smaug, so I'll just get Smauglet which means I'll have both covered, Book and Film versions.

:clap Well done Weta!! As much I as would love to own that large awesome looking Smaug statue, I just couldn't afford or accommodate it. So 'Smauglet' it is :lol just happy I'll be able to have him represented in my collection!! :)

Back