Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't see **** in that video. Where was the Balrog and Smaug

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Josh, which Hobbit piece was more impressive at first sight, Azog on Warg last year or Smaug?

That's tough. Really tough to be honest because both are pretty mind blowing with how good they are. Let me think about that for a bit.

Another shot of the head (don't know who's the author unfortunately).

His snout looks great. Lots of expression here.

2ezmpt5.jpg

Another shot of the head (don't know who's the author unfortunately).

His snout looks great. Lots of expression here.

2ezmpt5.jpg
This looks so amazing. I need to leave the country for a few months or rob someone, or take up stripping

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

How does the old Balrog compare to the new one?

The new one is twice the size of the old one. The new one is around 2ft tall and so you can get more detail in it. Its taken everything that was amazing and perfect about the Daddy Rog and blown that up to a huge piece.

I like it! :rock The only concern I have is the gold pile may be too monotone gold. Does that make sense?

The new one is twice the size of the old one. The new one is around 2ft tall and so you can get more detail in it. Its taken everything that was amazing and perfect about the Daddy Rog and blown that up to a huge piece.

Two feet tall!! That's about 62cm. Its a beast!

What's the deal with the little Smaug statue next to the big one? Doubt I'll be able to afford the large one.

Was there no Hobbit-based Legolas statue?

What's the deal with the little Smaug statue next to the big one? Doubt I'll be able to afford the large one.

Was there no Hobbit-based Legolas statue?

The little Smaug is just part of that mini-line of statues.

No doesn't appear so. A little surprised he isn't but they're taking some stuff to NYCC so he may be there.

That would be 'Smauglet', as we are now calling him :p

Basically, Weta decided to cover both of their bases, they made a large, no doubt expensive and Limited Edition Smaug and then also made a much smaller, cheaper and I have no doubt will be Open Edition Smaug for everyone else.

While the big Smaug would be cool to have, I already have a large Smaug, so I'll just get Smauglet which means I'll have both covered, Book and Film versions.

Back