Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's great! :rock I really believe he is one of Weta's best pieces ever. The gold I think looks fine. It has an old gold look I think in person.

I thought that at first but I think it's supposed to be that way.

Hey Josh, Any idea how tall and long this guy is?

Let the hammer of the price for this piece come down on us now.

No doubt. :lol

In case of Azog, how much time passed between the date pre-orders opened, and the actual release?

We got him back in Feb/March and I think he went up shortly after SDCC.

Hey Josh, Any idea how tall and long this guy is?

I don't know. I didn't ask to be honest but his base is both longer and wider I think than Rivendell.

I wonder how long this preorder will last and what the edition size will be. If it's 500 like Azog... oh boy... I may have to buy two lol.

I wonder how long this preorder will last and what the edition size will be. If it's 500 like Azog... oh boy... I may have to buy two lol.

I expect his ES to be no less than 500 but I'm thinking 750-1000.

I was really worried about the gold coming out right but it looks amazing. Can't wait to PO this bad boy. How do WETA POs and cancelations work normally?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I think it did. The pic is alright but gives a little better idea I think. You can PO and cancel at anytime.

I expect his ES to be no less than 500 but I'm thinking 750-1000.

I think it did. The pic is alright but gives a little better idea I think. You can PO and cancel at anytime.
Good to know man. Thank you for the information :)

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I'm hoping for no more than Azog... but $800 wouldn't surprise me at all.

What is the most a Weta piece has been? And speaking of, when preordering from Weta, do you pay up front or when it comes in stock?

$699 for a regular painted piece was their max I think, unless it was a bronze or something

I'm hoping for no more than Azog... but $800 wouldn't surprise me at all.

What is the most a Weta piece has been? And speaking of, when preordering from Weta, do you pay up front or when it comes in stock?

When pre-ordering from Weta, you need to have the money available. The bank of New Zealand temporarily (depends on your bank) holds funds for pre-authorization.

Last edited:
Back