Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When pre-ordering from Weta, you need to have the money available. The bank of New Zealand temporarily (depends on your bank) holds funds for pre-authorization.

So they put a hold on the funds that then drops off and you get charged for real when it is in stock?

Great. Thanks for the info everyone. Helps to know what to expect since I'll panic preorder the second this go up. :)

So for me, it's going to come down to one of three. Smaug, the Balrog or keeping Azog. I'm not planning on having all three and I'm kinda leaning towards Smaug at the present time.

So for me, it's going to come down to one of three. Smaug, the Balrog or keeping Azog. I'm not planning on having all three and I'm kinda leaning towards Smaug at the present time.

I'm kinda in the same boat, except I'd be going for the Balrog. I think Smaug looks fantastic but dragon statues just don't do much for me and I'll be fine with the Smauglet at some point. I kicked around the idea of selling off Azog, but he's way too awesome, and I already have (2) other representations of The Balrog in my collection.

Smaug is certainly the most important character of the 3, though I think Azog is the most impressive overall. If I had to choose between the 3 though, I would go Smaug as well. The Balrog was interesting in the book, very cool in the movie. Azog was an appendices afterthought (albeit a good one) and cool in the movies. Smaug became one of my favorite characters when I was 12 and first read The Hobbit, was fantastic in the cartoon movie and amazing in the movie. So he wins out in the important stuff. But if all three characters were equally meaningful to me and I was going just by what statue is the most impressive to have in my home, I do think Azog is the most dynamic and interesting of the three.

For me Smaug is to dragons what Merlin is to wizards. Even though Gandlaf is way more meaningful to me personally. I hesitate to use the term grail in this hobby but this will definitely be "the" jewel in my collection.

For me Smaug is to dragons what Merlin is to wizards. Even though Gandlaf is way more meaningful to me personally. I hesitate to use the term grail in this hobby but this will definitely be "the" jewel in my collection.

Same. I have been waiting for this statue for a long time and while I would, in my idealized fantasy life, have a 3 foot tall Smaug rearing up with wings spread to show off his magnificence, this statue is brilliant and I can't wait to have it. No idea where it is going, but it will be a place of high honor!

Weta: We are yet to decide on the dates that we will put this item on pre-order. This will most likely be a lot closer to the time that it will be released.

Please keep an eye on our newsletter and facebook page to ensure that you are the first to know.

'keyser_soze' a fellow collector from the german Movieprops Collectors Club received this answer from Weta.

Back