Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could address that if there is a Legendary Scale Bust by SS.

Yeah I thought about that. But for it to be really cool (to me) wings would still need to be incorporated which again throws off the scale issue as his wings are monstrous. A wall hanging bust would be good, based on Vanderstelt's Smaug headshot.

That video was awesome. The detail in the gold alone. In the pics it looks like some dull mustard but in the vids you can really see the vibrancy of the colours. Amazing!

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

A Smaug LSB would be amazing! It would really bring out the details on the head in all their glory.
But then it would just look like almost any other dragon head. The maquette puts it in context at least for me

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Yeah I thought about that. But for it to be really cool (to me) wings would still need to be incorporated which again throws off the scale issue as his wings are monstrous. A wall hanging bust would be good, based on Vanderstelt's Smaug headshot.

I agree. Take the Smaug in the Vanderstelt DOS print as another example. Full body semi standing up, right? Now, imagine the shipping nightmare.

You probably would have to shrink the piece down a bit and it would take away from the alternative they have offered here which I much prefer. It's a compromise but the essence of the character still comes through.

The more I see the more I like. Seems they have done a great job on a complex anatomical pose here as Smaug looks quite different from different angles, its all in the neck. Curious how the ultra gold will look in person, seems it might take a little wash to bring out the details.

It looks like his horns are broken,on the left side of his head the big one,and on the right side a smaller one.
Or should this be?

The more I see the more I like. Seems they have done a great job on a complex anatomical pose here as Smaug looks quite different from different angles, its all in the neck. Curious how the ultra gold will look in person, seems it might take a little wash to bring out the details.

He's great! :rock I really believe he is one of Weta's best pieces ever. The gold I think looks fine. It has an old gold look I think in person.

It looks like his horns are broken,on the left side of his head the big one,and on the right side a smaller one.
Or should this be?

I thought that at first but I think it's supposed to be that way.

Back