Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it means a piece that would be super hard to let go. Much higher secondary piece. Best of its kind. Usually big and usually a low ES and hard to Acquire. For me it's a combo of things. Aragorn for me anyway has lost grail status for ex

I just think we get too wrapped up in saying the ES determines the grail of something. I mean the RWOS is a grail and it has an ES of 5000, Sam and Bill has an open ES and is a grail, etc. It's gonna be the only large scale Smaug we get so over the long term it should be something fans of Middle-earth will want.

ES does not determine grail but IMHO it is one of the components that helps it do so. Granted this might be the best Smaug ever made but man that ES will sure make that grail status take it's sweet time if it ever comes. And that's a fact unless Smaug nuts come out of the woodwork with money and start buyin em up ;)

ES does not determine grail but IMHO it is one of the components that helps it do so. Granted this might be the best Smaug ever made but man that ES will sure make that grail status take it's sweet time if it ever comes. And that's a fact unless Smaug nuts come out of the woodwork with money and start buyin em up ;)

It does play a factor. I think that factor will vary as I said there are several pieces that I think many of us old timers consider grails even though they might not sell for what they did a few years back.

I will totally be ordering this when it goes up and I think the ES keeps in the $600 ballpark. I will probably use my Weta Dollars on this depending on what the price for the Balrog comes in at.

Waiting for in stock before ordering this or the Balrog. So far only Azog has sold out from the Hobbit. No rush here

Remember there will be 4 Smaug's sold for every Azog sold. That's a hell of a lot. Azog is my #1 ME Grail. It might even be Weta's last 500 ES piece ever made, who knows

We will see. Agog as well as Smaug I'm sure will kick azz in the next film. 4 to 1 is a lot in the Grail world

He's could be fragile. That was one of the main talking points a few of us collectors had looking at it. This is going to be an in demand piece over the years I fully believe.

yeah the way that head is and the ends of the wings are going to scare me when I open this puppy up.

FYI, I entertained a 15 year old kid who's gaga over dragons in general while at Comic Con. So, there is the slight chance that non-Tolkien fans would gravitate towards getting this statue just because he's a dragon. Also recall that before all the dragons mentioned in other books or movies, Smaug was already there. Of course, that all depends on the price, so we'll see what the demand will be like.

Back