Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i want this one so bad. how does Weta typically do there releases? do they do payments like SS?

This one is so awesome!!!
I wonder what it will cost?

The small statue.
That's also a nice alternative statue.
In the same size of GG balrog or weta fellbeast.

It will cost terribly high that's why it's called Smaug the Terrible

I don't understand the bigging up of the price tag on this. There are far bigger dragon statues out there for reasonable amounts, 200 + upwards and plenty that meet the Smaug description. This is a stunning piece, but not in the same league as Azog IMO, and therefore should be around the 400 mark allowing for licencing etc :dunno

i like the details on the smaug statue, look at the scales an the paint is also pretty well done. I also like the small coins on his claws.
It looks much better than the sideshow godzilla.

If this has an ES of 500, you can bet this will sell out even at a $700 price tag . I of course would be ecstatic if it was $500. I'm still remembering Barad-Dur when I thought it was only going to be $500 and have an ES of 500. That was a wake up call for prices. I was more hurt about the ES being 1000 than the price believe it or not. It would have become much more collectible and easier to achieve Grail status, not to mention sold out a long time ago

If this has an ES of 500, you can bet this will sell out even at a $700 price tag . I of course would be ecstatic if it was $500. I'm still remembering Barad-Dur when I thought it was only going to be $500 and have and ES of 500. That was a wake up call for prices. I was more hurt about the ES being 1000 than the price believe it or not. It would have become much more collectible and easier to achieve Grail status, not to mention sold out a long time ago

Price on BD was a real eye opener. Es would have been nice a 500 but even at 1000 it'll sell out eventually. I honestly don't know what to expect for Smaug in terms of price, sizewise it looks big so I expect it to be high. BD & Azog are both $700.

Weta14.jpg

Weta16.jpg

Weta8.jpg

Weta6.jpg

Weta7.jpg

A video courtesy of Averone:

Couple of nice angles by EnShinNoi of Weta forums:

10482599_937715572920777_8590998090585690723_n.jpg

10525607_937715536254114_1731854801476935223_n.jpg

Pics by Michael Crawford:

sdcc2014_weta_11.jpg

sdcc2014_weta_13.jpg

By Action Figure Fury:

w05pxv.jpg

One angle we haven't seen yet by Phanatix:
Smaug_06_zps83b4b2f3.jpg

And another nice close up of the expression by swabie2424 of Weta Forums:

IMG_2457_zps882d5f02.jpg

Man this looked amazing in person. My only gripe, and it's not one they could do anything about, is that because of the massive proportions of Smaug, his head just ends up being small. But the only way to make his head really big would be to have a statue that is like 5 ft long lol.

Man this looked amazing in person. My only gripe, and it's not one they could do anything about, is that because of the massive proportions of Smaug, his head just ends up being small. But the only way to make his head really big would be to have a statue that is like 5 ft long lol.
You could address that if there is a Legendary Scale Bust by SS.

Back