MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks excellent. I've been wanting a 'classic' IM look for my collection and this is what I was hoping for. :clap

I do not own any Iron Man figures. This is the main one I would want. I will be happy to own this figure no questions asked.I really only like the first movie. This is a big plus for me .

Yeah, I meant Bleeding Edge. Thanks. I get those 2 confused. Yeah and by the time they release AOU figs, they may be up to the Mark VI in the diecast line. But this one looks really good. And all the reviews of the Diecast figs said they are amazing.
Current batch of 42's seem to be having an issue with the arms so I'm glad I haven't ordered it yet.

I have WM Mk 2 and the IP and I think they're amazing figs, though not necessarily because of the metal parts. Diecast doesn't really do anything for me and I think the plastic releases are just fine. But it is kind of nice to feel a bit of heft when you lift the fig, and the warning on the instruction sheet not to drop it on your foot because it's heavy is hilarious.

Yeah it was more maroony it the movie and promotional art. So it was never a hot rod red like Tony asked. XD

Jarvis refusing to give Tony the specific shade of red he asked for...

...The first step on the road to Ultron!

"Screw you and your hot rod red, Mr. Stark. I quite fancy burgundy...and Killing All Humans!"

Looks great, though I'm also a bit surprised that they didn't go with a screen accurate color for this guy. I guess it doesn't really pop as well as the red used with subsequent armors, and it didn't seem to be as shiny, either, but. . .if folks want something that looks like the later armors, they could just buy the later armors.

Just checked out the Iron Man versus the tank scene from the first movie on youtube. Yup, I see what you're saying now.

Hot Toys has to know just how intense their Iron Man buyers are--I'm sure this color issue will be fixed.

Ironically, early this morning when my friend showed me a picture of the Mark 3 Diecast I thought it was a fake, mostly because it looked like the Mark 7 from the tiny window in the message.

Looks great, though I'm also a bit surprised that they didn't go with a screen accurate color for this guy. I guess it doesn't really pop as well as the red used with subsequent armors, and it didn't seem to be as shiny, either, but. . .if folks want something that looks like the later armors, they could just buy the later armors.

True......True

i though this would be darker, and maybe some battle damaged extras
Iron Man  2008 BDRip 1080p DTS multisub-HighCode.mkv_snapshot_01.18.56_[2014.07.10_14.45.41].jpg

Just checked out the Iron Man versus the tank scene from the first movie on youtube. Yup, I see what you're saying now.

Hot Toys has to know just how intense their Iron Man buyers are--I'm sure this color issue will be fixed.

Yeah it was more maroony it the movie and promotional art. So it was never a hot rod red like Tony asked. XD

Well then lets all make this known on the Hot Toys and Mark OSR Facebook pages, as the blurb says its only a prototype so plenty of time for them to change a detail like the final paint colour :)

When Acura was building the NSX concept for Avengers (shown in the park at the end when Tony and Bruce drive off together), they matched the color to a paint sample Marvel Studios gave them. The sample I remember seeing was a ridiculously dark shade of wine, so much so that they brightened the color a bit.

I find the color interesting because for me, the burgundy IM suit speaks to the fact that the entire movie was more on the grounded side, and subdued because Marvel hadn't hit its full stride yet.

This candy apple red Mk III feels almost like a revisionist change. Like, this is what we always meant it to be, but we didn't have the confidence to rock the red yet back then. That's just me, though. But given that Marvel needs to approve the figs, seems odd that they'd let HT use this color if they weren't okay with it.

I guess we'll see what happens between now and release, but I personally don't mind either way. Though I'd be a little happier if it were the screen accurate burgundy.

If you listen very closely... You may hear me cheering in excitement. Can't wait for this! They will probably fix the color. :)

Super excited as don't have one of these iconic suits. Also, in an OSR interview Howard said they only planned to RE RELEASE the mark 3 in diecast so until I see another interview or announcement addressing it, we can assume they won't be redoing armors in diecast.

My only complaint is that there's no interchangeable battle damaged parts. I'll probably order this though as I was hoping they'd make this.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Super excited as don't have one of these iconic suits. Also, in an OSR interview Howard said they only planned to RE RELEASE the mark 3 in diecast so until I see another interview or announcement addressing it, we can assume they won't be redoing armors in diecast.

They could at least do the Mark II though. Absolutely no part changes other than some rivots and paint. Would not surprise me with a Mark II.

I'd love one, hell a diecast midas could be given instead of an engagement ring, but until he says they're expanding it or directly says he's changed his mind on re-issues I won't be holding out for it nor expecting it. Is it wrong that the diecast box art is my favorite part of the line?
They could at least do the Mark II though. Absolutely no part changes other than some rivots and paint. Would not surprise me with a Mark II.

Back