NECA 7" Video Game Tribute 1989 Keaton Batman revealed!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the flood gates will soon open with Batman-related merchandise from NECA. What a year it is to be a Batman fan of the late 80s and early 90s. First the announcement of Batman: The Animated Series from DC Collectibles and now this has the potential to be huge.

This figure looks great. I'm sure the couple of issues will be resolved before production. How cool is it to now have Predator, RoboCop, and Batman all in video game colors!

I don't mind if NECA focuses on Keaton, the Mattel Movie Masters have scratched my itch for Nolan Bats in that scale (close enough) even with their flaws. There's a wide range of characters and there's no need for NECA to re-tread that territory. Plus we've got the Adam West Batman in this approximate scale from Mattel already too, right? Or were those smaller??

NECA can focus on the Burton films.

Yeah, and NECA is known for classic 80s and cult films anyway.

Mattel sure missed the boat with a 6" Movie Masters Keaton Batman and Reeve Superman. Back in 2008 and 2009 that's all people were clamoring for back when Movie Masters were a new thing. Instead, they just let that boat sail away. NECA will kill it these though. I love the 4 Horsemen (probably one of the few great things about Mattel) and would have loved to see their take on a proper 1/12 Batman, but I think the guys at NECA do it better.

Already pre-ordered this. Not even a choice for a guy like me...

How does Neca's 7 inch line look next to Movie Masters, by the way? Probably way too big, right?

Yeah, and NECA is known for classic 80s and cult films anyway.

Mattel sure missed the boat with a 6" Movie Masters Keaton Batman and Reeve Superman. Back in 2008 and 2009 that's all people were clamoring for back when Movie Masters were a new thing. Instead, they just let that boat sail away. NECA will kill it these though. I love the 4 Horsemen (probably one of the few great things about Mattel) and would have loved to see their take on a proper 1/12 Batman, but I think the guys at NECA do it better.

Yeah... Then we would just need NECA to do a Bale Batman and every character pictured in a DiFabio post (sig and avatar) will have been released as a 7" figure. ;)

Sallah

I like how Neca celebrates the 25th anniversary of this
Movie while other manufactures don't lol

properbatman.jpg

Yeah, I remember people asking them about 7" figures when the 1/4 first popped up and they said they couldn't do it and it was out of their hands.

This is awesome, hopefully neca will go all out doing all the variations and characters from the films, just like they do with predator.

I doubt we'll get a Nicholson joker though, if we can't in 18 inch I doubt we will here.

But I'd be more than happy with this and other characters.

From NECA's twitter, but I wouldn't rule it out just yet since when i asked them about NES Batman they said no and look what happened....

NecaTwitter.jpg

Yeah, he's full of it.

I don't blame him either. I wouldn't say I had future ones coming if my company was trying to market and promote the new video game version. Those guys do have a good point though "how do we paint it!?!". Then that one person mentioned Kenner variants. If they made Kenner variations, I'd be so in. Tec-Shield? Iron Winch? Wall Scaler? I'd get them all.

Back