NECA 7" Video Game Tribute 1989 Keaton Batman revealed!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could see there being some weird loophole in licensing where they can only make them based on that particular game. DC is parting out the rights all sorts of ways these days. This might just have been a compromise that Mattel can live with.

But based on those other tweets, let's hope they're just keeping secrets for now.

I absolutely loved this game as a kid! I got it for Easter and played it almost everyday. Super nostalgic for it and glad NECA made this. The packaging looks awesome too. I ordered 2 from BBTS. Hope we get the standard black later on too.

I could see there being some weird loophole in licensing where they can only make them based on that particular game. DC is parting out the rights all sorts of ways these days. This might just have been a compromise that Mattel can live with.

If that's the case, maybe they could do a Kenner line of variants and just make "Crime Attack Batman" to circumvent that issue?

NECACrimeAttackBatman.jpg

Oh man that's crazy that they are actually able to do that batman. I can't wait. I'm definitely getting 2 of these.

Seen the other thread titled NECA 7" 1989 Batman or whatever and was like "hell yeah". Opened it and see pink video game Batman... "**** no". :lol

Hope this leads to film collectibles. Really want some nice 7" figures from either NECA or DCC.

I loved the NES and Genesis versions of the game. This is something I never expected. I may pick up another depending on how it turns out.

I too love the NES and Genesis Batman 89 games. I was listening to the soundtracks after getting the Hot Toys 89 Batman and Batmobile. But this figure from Neca doesn't do anything for me.

Loved the game as a kid, though it was super hard. Never had the chance (or skills) to beat it.

Might get this due to the nostalgia and remembering that awesome soundtrack. :yess:

DC needs to slow it down with their licensing program. There's too much cool stuff coming out.:lol You can tell that Superman's kind of like DC's redheaded step child, now. I love the big, blue boyscout, dearly, but looking at Batman's 75th compared to last year's? No contest. Then again, maybe it's just because we're collectors.

DC needs to slow it down with their licensing program. There's too much cool stuff coming out.:lol You can tell that Superman's kind of like DC's redheaded step child, now. I love the big, blue boyscout, dearly, but looking at Batman's 75th compared to last year's? No contest. Then again, maybe it's just because we're collectors.

No, man. I think Bat's 75th is indeed bigger compared to Superman, way I observed it. Don't know why, but Superman didn't have tons of new titles launched last year to commemorate his 75th birthday. No new book given for free, to be launched on a new comic Wednesday dubbed as "Superman Day". I guess the biggest thing to ever happen to Superman's 75th was the release of Man of Steel movie. Perhaps DC didn't feel celebrating much after the lengthy battle against the Siegels?

Yeah, it seems like they kind of coasted off of Man of Steel's release as their way of "celebrating Superman." I called two of the things a while back, though. I said "we're going to see the '66 TV show on DVD and Blu-Ray, and we're going to see a new Batman game announced by Rocksteady. I never anticipated the absolute surge of merchandise, though. The worst part is that it's all so cool.

I see stuff like the LEGO Tumbler, for instance, and I'm like "I haven't bought anything from LEGO in a decade. I want it." The kicker is that, as much as I love Nolan's films, I don't think the Tumbler's that great, but it just works in LEGO form, for some reason. I suppose I could just be utterly charmed by the BB Batman and TDK Joker minifigures, but, even then, two LEGO figures would never be able to convince me to pay that much for a LEGO set.

Then, those Mezco figures they just showed for TDKR. Absolutely fantastic and innovative idea. Of course all this stuff is just icing on the cake that is Batman:The Animated Series figures. I take solace in the fact that Arkham Batman probably won't be up for PO for another few months, and, even then, I won't have to shell out for that until 2015.:lol

Back