Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still say that it's stupid to tease these things with no info to give us. Give me a month, give me a ballpark price, and I'll be there day one to buy all three Bats. If you make me wait with no date, and no idea on price, I'll eventually forget your product ever existed. "Hey, look at these SWEET looking figures we have!"
"Awesome. When do they release? "
" Eh don't know."
"Uh, ok. How much?"
"Not sure..."
"Well, bye..."

Besides $60-$80 price, did Mezco say how deeply it will go into DC Universe of characters? At that price range I cannot see as frequent monthly releases like DC Collectibles action figures which are $25 each which is high as it is!

As far as I know, they only said they were doing DC figures.

Of course that translates to mostly Batman :lol but I hope they give some well-deserved love to Superman and other characters of TDKR.

New to the hobby as well. Is it common practice in the industry?

Well 1st, welcome to the most awesome hobby in the world and the best forum.

2nd, yeah, it's quite a common practice to tease us with nothing but a pic with no further info, some go as far as to tease with blurry pics as well :lol the ****ers!

And it's usual they take their sweet time between the teaser and any decent information/pics and final release.

Not just Mezco, every brand does that, once you're more familiar with each brand you know roughly what to expect from them in matters of price and release date.

I'm just venting. TDKR introduced me to Batman when I was a kid and I've wished forever that someone would do Miller's iteration justice. The DC Direct rendition was very meh. To see how awesome these look and not be able to get any info is frustrating.

Well, Mezco said these would be available this fall, so that's not so tough of a wait.

Yeah DC direct is a weird one, personally I prefer the Mattel one better, one of the few good Mattel figures :lol

Well, for pricing, how could these cost more than their 9" figures like The Warriors that came out a few years back? Those were definitely not $60...I think they were around $30 to be honest. I'd pick and choose some DC characters at $60, def grab a Judge Dredd with a few other related character, and completely pass on Universal Monsters. Those are the three definite(as of now) lines in The One series. But even $60 is high. It's not like we're getting crazy detailed headsculpts or at least I haven't seen yet(obviously only TDKR is all we've seen).

The figs I want get of this line based on what they've announced:

-All of the Batmen of TDKR, atleast the 2 versions that don't have yellow oval are essential for me.
-TDKR Superman
-Boris Karloff Frankenstein's monster.
-Judge Dredd

I'll try to get at least 2 of each.

@$60, I'll be choosy (classic blue and grey TDKR here, an '89 Batman there)

@$30-$40, I'll buy most of the line.

Yeah, around $40 is just the sweet spot for these figures.

But then I remember the ugly Figma Cap and Thor at $80 :slap so there's that ugly precedent.

if these are $40 im down for every DC figure they make. as long as the quality is there, as it appears to be now.

if they are $60^ im down for the Batman figures only.

surely these should appear for PO soon? weren't they solicited to hit this fall?

$60 is my limit! $70-$80 NO WAY! Figures Toy Company is making Mego 8" articulated CLOTH costumed DC and Batman TV figures for as low as $25 each! And there's supposed to be a NEW 8" Batman in Batman Series 4 which many are speculating to be Neal Adams Batman! FTC would need a BULKIER 8" Mego body for Dark Knight Returns Batman and Superman and I don't mean the Mego 8" Hulk body which was too short!

BTW I have ALL DC Direct/Collectibles DKR 6" figures- 2004 wave with Batman, Robin (w/lamp post!), Superman, and Joker; the reissue 2-pack repaints with blue/grey yellow oval and leg strap Batman and purple suit Joker; and the DVD DKR Animated movie 4 pack repaints! Cool stuff! Better than Mattel He-Man body DKR Batman!

I also had the 4 pack, ended up selling Batman and Joker and keeping Superman and Carrie Kelley, because the Mattel Batman is superior imo, it captures the art much better, has a better cape and better weight to it, and the articulation alone destroys the DCD one, they gave the DCD too much of a dynamic pose for so little articulation.

The Superman is fantastic though, it's one of my favorite DCD Supermen next to The Justice series 1 Supes.

Yeah they used the He-man body but it's reworked, not as is.

I liked the DCD stuff. I had all 4 of the originals and back in 2004 I thought they were superb. Yeah, I was bummed that Batman only looked good in ONE pose, but it was better than nothing, which is what I had for years! I also got the two-pack with Batman and Joker repaints and those were cool too.

Passed on the 4-pack cause none of them improved on the initial releases, and in my opinion, looked worse actually.

I will defend the DCD Batman....I think it's SOOO much better than the Mattel one. Look at the sculpting. Look at the lines and cracks in his face. The texture and wrinkles all over his costume. His belt! His musculature...like that of a once-powerful 55 year old man. Not a freaking He-Man body!! With soft mass-produced textures and a face that looks like he's squeezing one out. DCD managed to capture the grizzled look of the original artwork. I get it...the Mattel one was poseable and the DCD one wasn't. But that ONE point certainly doesn't make it a superior figure!

It's all moot anyway....soon Mezco is gonna retire all those old versions from my shelf!

I liked the DCD stuff. I had all 4 of the originals and back in 2004 I thought they were superb. Yeah, I was bummed that Batman only looked good in ONE pose, but it was better than nothing, which is what I had for years! I also got the two-pack with Batman and Joker repaints and those were cool too.

Passed on the 4-pack cause none of them improved on the initial releases, and in my opinion, looked worse actually.

I will defend the DCD Batman....I think it's SOOO much better than the Mattel one. Look at the sculpting. Look at the lines and cracks in his face. The texture and wrinkles all over his costume. His belt! His musculature...like that of a once-powerful 55 year old man. Not a freaking He-Man body!! With soft mass-produced textures and a face that looks like he's squeezing one out. DCD managed to capture the grizzled look of the original artwork. I get it...the Mattel one was poseable and the DCD one wasn't. But that ONE point certainly doesn't make it a superior figure!

It's all moot anyway....soon Mezco is gonna retire all those old versions from my shelf!

Actually, you could say the Superman got better, the 4 pack Superman has a better face paint job than the original individual release, I had them both and liked them both but the 4 Pack Superman was just a tad better in the face.

Moving to the DCD Batman, yeah for the time it was great, and it does resemble the book, but more lines doesn't = a better sculpt, it is a good sculpt but I don't think they got the vibe of the art like the Mattel one did, it was a softer sculpt but the lines are in all the right places, you just get that Miller feel out of that sculpt, on the body, the only panel I see Batman all hunched down and looking like an actual old man, is when he's laying next to the Joker, the rest of the time he looks to be built like a tank, which is why I think the He-man body works so well, and of course the articulation is a huge plus.

Yeah the sculpt in the body is pretty good on the DCD but the He-man body works better for the figure, besides the mattel has a pretty cool pair of trunks, gloves and boots that are much better than the DCD and the cape on the mattel one is just great.

varley-color-04.jpg

1zcjubc.jpg

2h6t4l1.jpg

review_batunl_5.jpg

2017113-img_6176a.jpg

Oh and I forgot about the gorilla hands on the DCD :lol they're way out of proportion.

I actually thought about selling my Mattel TDKR Batmen when these Mezco ones were announced but they're too good and too much fun to play with.

Back