1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grabbed a few shots! Check 'em out and +rep me if you like them (quite a few people were irritated with me messing with my polarizer trying to eliminate the reflections lol)!

037.jpg

040.jpg

Thanks for the awesome photos, Rubio95 :hi5:

..Wait!.. these photos do not appear to show red lenses in the helmet! :thud: .. if that means the 'red' lenses in the other photos were just bad lighting, then with a holster and side arm, this figure is sooo bought!
:rock

Thanks for the awesome photos, Rubio95 :hi5:

..Wait!.. these photos do not appear to show red lenses in the helmet! :thud: .. if that means the 'red' lenses in the other photos were just bad lighting, then with a holster and side arm, this figure is sooo bought!
:rock

You are more obsessed with red lenses, than I am with Stormtrooper helmets :D

You are more obsessed with red lenses, than I am with Stormtrooper helmets :D

Once you start down the red lens path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will!... :lol

When were the lenses red in the movies?

They were not red in the movies, Jkno simply feels they should not be the same color as the rest of the helmet, because he thinks there will be no actual lenses in the helmet and that black lacks differentiation.

I agree that the painted black & no lense makes it look a bit flat.

If he comes with the holster I'll over look the lense issue. :)

Hmm, have to admit, my opinion on buying this one is turning a bit. I wonder if it wouldn't look a little boring on display. Looking forward to the pre-order product pics, just to see if they're able to add a bit more zip to the character.

Hmm, have to admit, my opinion on buying this one is turning a bit. I wonder if it wouldn't look a little boring on display. Looking forward to the pre-order product pics, just to see if they're able to add a bit more zip to the character.

I feel like the same problem occurred when hasbro made these... I remember the 12" Tie Fighter pilot was warming the shelves for a super long time.

Ya...not so tough without his Tie Fighter is he?

:lol

Seriously though, I agree, on the one hand I like the design, but on the other hand I've never felt the need to buy one. :dunno

A 1/6th tie ... Maybe the advance or interceptor would improve things drastically! :lol

Serious it would be the only ship ( aside from A-wing ) that I'd have room for.

Ya...not so tough without his Tie Fighter is he?

:lol

Seriously though, I agree, on the one hand I like the design, but on the other hand I've never felt the need to buy one. :dunno
Yeah, between say 2 Biker Scouts and a TIE Fighter Pilot or just 3 Biker Scouts, I'd have to say the latter is winning. I wonder if this wouldn't get lost in a display.

A 1/6th tie ... Maybe the advance or interceptor would improve things drastically! :lol

No way would I have room for a 1:6 TIE, but wow, would I ever love to see one made. You never know, either. The way 1:6 is going, it's possible sometime down the road SSC would make them as a prestige piece like their 1:1 stuff. High price with an open edition and not expected to sell many.

I've always loved the design of the Tie Interceptor....looks like it's going fast even when it's just standing still. If I got a pilot I'd have to build one. :lecture

This is why I think the figure needs a holster and side arm.. too much plain, black boiler suit going on, at the moment.

I've always loved the design of the Tie Interceptor....looks like it's going fast even when it's just standing still. If I got a pilot I'd have to build one. :lecture

+1 :hi5:

I was super excited about the announcement for this, really loved them in the film, looked super ominous and deadly but when I saw the figure standing in the case at SDCC I felt a bit let down. I was under the impression that the TIE fighters did not have atmosphere or gravitational compensation as they were made much cheaper and rugged..... the suit does not look like it could sustain air pressure, it just looks like black BDU's to me and not nearly as cool as say Bossk's flight suit ended up being so I hope they take it up a few notches for the final. The helmet looks big (which it does in film too) and the chest box looks absolutely freakin' gigantic when you view it from the side so without any bulk up of the flight suit or shoulder pads or something, it looks really disjointed to me unfortunately. Waiting for the actual reveal once further worked on as so far not up to what I was looking for.

I felt some of the same things about Luke's flight suit as well, just pretty plain orange jump suit with pockets, hoping for better on end product. I thought the Biker Scout looked pretty awesome though, not sure on the bike itself as it seemed sort of wide and could use some more weathering maybe but the scout looked really cool.

I was super excited about the announcement for this, really loved them in the film, looked super ominous and deadly but when I saw the figure standing in the case at SDCC I felt a bit let down. I was under the impression that the TIE fighters did not have atmosphere or gravitational compensation as they were made much cheaper and rugged..... the suit does not look like it could sustain air pressure, it just looks like black BDU's to me and not nearly as cool as say Bossk's flight suit ended up being so I hope they take it up a few notches for the final. The helmet looks big (which it does in film too) and the chest box looks absolutely freakin' gigantic when you view it from the side so without any bulk up of the flight suit or shoulder pads or something, it looks really disjointed to me unfortunately. Waiting for the actual reveal once further worked on as so far not up to what I was looking for.

I felt some of the same things about Luke's flight suit as well, just pretty plain orange jump suit with pockets, hoping for better on end product. I thought the Biker Scout looked pretty awesome though, not sure on the bike itself as it seemed sort of wide and could use some more weathering maybe but the scout looked really cool.

The TIE Pilot suits were like this in SW. They are secondary characters, their jumpsuits were used for others too. Just remember the Rebel pilots didn't even have a full helmet, if needed to eject it would have to be with the entire cockpit otherwise they would be dead.

I don't know, in person, I thought all the SS offerings looked really good. The Tie pilot kind of took me back as it has the simplistic appeal of the original toys. Not sure how much more they could do to it without starting to embelish it, and then the canon heads would shat all over it. I agree that the bike could take some weathering, but dayum if it's not hot shiet!

As far as a 1/6th tie goes, after seeing HT go back and do a foam IM house party hall piece, there's no reason why SS couldn't one day offer something like that in a kit. I do some RCing and this approach, to me, is tried and true and likely what it would take to bring a 1/6th vehicle like this to life. I think it'd be way friggin cool and probably not that expensive. Might even manufacture here in the US. A little acrylic paint and some lexan sheets for the windows and BAM! Tie baby. Wont solve the space issue though. :slap

... the suit does not look like it could sustain air pressure, it just looks like black BDU's to me and not nearly as cool as say Bossk's flight suit ended up being so I hope they take it up a few notches for the final. The helmet looks big (which it does in film too) and the chest box looks absolutely freakin' gigantic when you view it from the side so without any bulk up of the flight suit or shoulder pads or something, it looks really disjointed to me unfortunately. Waiting for the actual reveal once further worked on as so far not up to what I was looking for.

You mean you don't like the design of the character's outfit (in terms of movie reality) or you don't like how Sideshow's recreated it?

As jkno says, it seems pretty accurate to the actual costume in the reference pictures. I think those flight jumpsuits are the same on all the imperials and rebel pilots, regardless of color. TiE/ATAT driver helmets look massive because it's two helmets on top of each other.

Back