1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SSC TIE Fighter Pilot is just a proto since it is still missing the ribbed shoulder straps with the square/octagonal plates covering them. It seems a combo of ANH and ROTJ Pilot, the chest box has buttons like the Marmit (ROTJ). No lateral gray hose though. The lenses on the screen used helmets were dark gray, but when you look at them in the light they look like the SSC figure. The ear pointy greeblies should be silver. The figure looks a lot like the Marmit. Not bad so far.

Pics: https://www.rebelscum.com/2014-SDCC/SDCC-2014-Sideshow-Collectibles-Star-Wars-1/default.asp

Attachments

• SDCC-2014-Sideshow-Collectibles-Star-Wars-1-061.jpg
    SDCC-2014-Sideshow-Collectibles-Star-Wars-1-061.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 359
  • SDCC-2014-Sideshow-Collectibles-Star-Wars-1-062.jpg
    SDCC-2014-Sideshow-Collectibles-Star-Wars-1-062.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 287
  • SDCC-2014-Sideshow-Collectibles-Star-Wars-1-064.jpg
    SDCC-2014-Sideshow-Collectibles-Star-Wars-1-064.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 296
  • SDCC-2014-Sideshow-Collectibles-Star-Wars-1-065.jpg
    SDCC-2014-Sideshow-Collectibles-Star-Wars-1-065.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 276
Still a prototype, you can see the helm has a rough finish

Not only a prototype... but also "in development". So I'd guess this will have some further changes before it's all said and done. If anything so far he looks a bit thin and I think the chest armor and box is sitting too low, probably just needs to be futzed to a higher position. I think that would make a big difference.

tie_fighter_pilot%5B1%5D.jpg

It's kind of deceiving, because the inner eye portions are rounded, & they create little shadows underneath them which gives them the appearance of being a bit too squinty.

The outer frames project futher out & down.. maybe a little more 'red' paint around the edges?

The position of the armor might be adjusted once they make the ribbed shoulder straps for the figure

The position of the armor might be adjusted once they make the ribbed shoulder straps for the figure

That's what I'm thinking as well... clearly this still has some work before it's ready to go. But so far it looks good to me and I'm even happier to know it also looks good to you jkno :duff

This guy is looking great, but it'll be a pass for me - but Im still eagerly following to see how he develops - I just don't have a place for him. I'm not really set up for an eventual AT-AT driver, but I'm willing to make that one work if/when it comes. ;)

Anyone at SDCC, try to coax a possible list of accessories from Sideshow for this guy.

Hmmm.. hope the eye lenses are black on the finished figure and I'm not that keen on the waist belt either, current version looks cheap and nasty.. possibly becase the edge cut is not black.

I think the figure would benefit from a belt holster and pistol blaster as well.

I think the figure would benefit from a belt holster and pistol blaster as well.

I agree, but if we think about this for a second, what would be the use of those things on this kind of character? When would they possibly ever disembark the TIE Fighter and be able to use that blaster? ;)

Pew pew pew!

I agree, but if we think about this for a second, what would be the use of those things on this kind of character? When would they possibly ever disembark the TIE Fighter and be able to use that blaster? ;)

Pew pew pew!

Fair Point, but most military air crew have a side arm for emergencies.. ie. forced landing in enemy territory.. plus it just adds interest to the figure -

The lenses shouldn't be black as the armor/helmet. There should be a difference in color. The reddish lens color might not be perfect, but better than all black that blends into the helmet iself.

Back