1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lenses shouldn't be black as the armor/helmet. There should be a difference in color. The reddish lens color might not be perfect, but better than all black that blends into the helmet iself.

The lenses are made from a different material and are translucent, this should be sufficient to differentiate from the black of the helmet.. if they are red like the prototype, I'm immediately out on this figure.. and without the side arm, it's still touch and go.. what is iconic about this figure is the helmet and breathing equipment, the rest of the figure is a black boilersuit.. that is why it needs the side arm.

Looks great. Now i've closely inspected all the new reveals, this one might be my most anticipated figure. I concur it would look great flanking a Vader with a stormtrooper on the other side.

I really hope this will be fairly priced as i can't see much accessories coming with it. We don't need a dozen hands unless Sideshow comes up with cockpit for him in the future. A side arm would be most welcome even though it's not movie accurate.

The lenses are made from a different material and are translucent, this should be sufficient to differentiate from the black of the helmet.. if they are red like the prototype, I'm immediately out on this figure.. and without the side arm, it's still touch and go.. what is iconic about this figure is the helmet and breathing equipment, the rest of the figure is a black boilersuit.. that is why it needs the side arm.

The helmet will be one piece, the lenses will not be a different material like on the real 1:1 helmet. That was with Marmit and Medicom and for sure it will be the same with SSC. It simply won't worth for SSC (or any other company for that matter) trying to make a helmet with separate lenses in this size. I'm sure the TIE Pilot will come with a blaster, maybe two - E-11 and a Merr Sonn Power 5.

here's a very interesting web page on the tie figher outfit from the movie

https://www.starwarshelmets.com/original-TIE-helmet-costume-overview.htm

So the original 'hero' helmet lenses appear to have been green or clear (the cockpit still shot, does not look green), but simply looked black because either the helmet is empty, so you are seeing the black interior through the lens.. or it is an angled/dark shot, like the interior of the TIE cockpit, meaning unless you scrutinise a still shot closely, you do not see the actor's eyes, and again the lenses look black. Thanks for posting the link to a fascinating article, Matt S.
:hi5:

I could probably live with a very dark green paint for the lenses, if they are not leaving them black, but the red used on Sideshow's prototype is pants.

Great work, but that's probably the worst shot I've seen of the TIE Fighter Pilot from SDCC. I don't remember of the other ones looking that unflattering:lol

Many a time I end up getting multiple troopers after holding the first one in hand. I could sense that happening here again:eek:

..or the head is too bad.

105698.gif

the lenses should NOT be the same color as the helmet. As for helmet size, 90% of the helmeted figures/statues/busts have the helmets a bit underscale.

This is a really cool costume to do, but it's just okay as a 1/6 figure choice because we've already had the Medicom and (pretty damn good, perhaps better than this one...) Marmit versions.

It's always a little magic when a new character hits one sixth scale for the first time (Hammerhead...), or is redone with detail/accuracy never achieved before (Hasbro to SSC Tusken Raider) but when it's a sideways move like this, it's not all that exciting.

I'm sort of interested in the inevitable AT-AT driver but again, Marmit came really close to nailing it (blue-grey armor/white helmet aside...) so it's cool but not hugely exciting.

Anyway... so when is this up for PO so I can place my order?

Grabbed a few shots! Check 'em out and +rep me if you like them (quite a few people were irritated with me messing with my polarizer trying to eliminate the reflections lol)!

Thanks Rubio, I'd rep you if I could, but I'm forum freeloader so I can't. :lol

I like the way everything looks proportion wise. Very encouraging for just a prototype.

Back