3A/DC STEEL AGE 1/6 Collection.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very out-of-nowhere. Definitely intrigued! And no doubt immensely confusing/uninteresting to many of the DC figure crowd, judging by the variously baffled or hostile responses to 3A's Iron Man I saw from some of the the Marvelites :lol

(Tho actually wish Wood would get on with showing us the 2000AD bits, and completely non-teased Transformers stuff. Still, he's certainly collecting the licences, in spite of -IIRC- saying he was still most interested in his own creations)

Damn, everybody and their mother's scooping up the DC license this year; they must be feeling generous, with it being their most popular character's birthday, and all.:lol

Sorry bro, 3A just has nothing to do with graffiti in any way.

Original 3A designs have obvious graffiti influences.

The obsession with gas masks, sharp angles, arm/leg length, the color palette, etc...

Take a look at some artwork from Jamie Hewlett, it's very similar to what 3A does.

Original 3A designs have obvious graffiti influences.

The obsession with gas masks, sharp angles, arm/leg length, the color palette, etc...

Take a look at some artwork from Jamie Hewlett, it's very similar to what 3A does.

Nope, those are not graffiti influenced.

Gasmasks are not a part of every line, just WWR and that's a dystopian future where the air is not breathable, hence every human character there wears gas masks, and gas masks are not a graffiti trademark, the rest of the stories and lines have bare human faces.

Sharp angles? Mignola and Miller also have sharp angles and over-stylized designs, that doesn't make it graffiti.

Ash's style has nothing to do with graffiti, disregarding that graffiti isn't an art style nor trend.

I can understand how someone who's not familiar with Ash's art could confuse the Tomorrow kings/queens with some of the "Gorillaz" characters.

Other than that, nope.

Jamie Hewlett is the artist responsible for Tank Girl, not just some Gorillaz characters. :lecture

You're hung up on the word "graffiti"; anarchic, psychedelic, punk, fetish, etc.. there are multiple inspirations in their designs. I used the word "graffiti" because it can encompasses a lot of those styles and ideas.

Jamie Hewlett is the artist responsible for Tank Girl, not just some Gorillaz characters. :lecture

You're hung up on the word "graffiti"; anarchic, psychedelic, punk, fetish, etc.. there are multiple inspirations in their designs. I used the word "graffiti" because it can encompasses a lot of those styles and ideas.

I know, I'm familiar with Hewlett, and I know Ash worked on TG, but Tank girl has nothing to do with graffiti either, even in that same book, the differences between Hewlett's and Ash's art are glaring, the only similarities I can find between both artists are the Gorillaz designs and the Tomorrow Kings/Queens.

Neither Hewlett nor Ash have anything to do with graffiti :dunno.

I'm hung up on that word because the word graffiti does not represent 3A at all, sorry about being stubborn but it's just not there :lol

Back