Hot Toys 1/6 Batman Arkham City

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. The more I think about it, I don't think that you should need any rubber to accurately recreate the 89 suit. The armor could be a semi flexible PVC and the undersuit could be fabric.

Auto po.. Finally after all iron man releases.. They still care about arkham series
Awesome

Looks like someone accomplished the look with cloth:

aabat2.JPG

I'm going to look how both this Bat and Joker turn out before making any more negative comments about it. Firstly, I don't own a rubbersuited figure yet so I don't know Hot Toys quality + if another figure suffers from it, doesn't mean that this one will.

I've never played the games but the designs are very cool. I'd probably get several of the figs for the collection.

View attachment 121822

I'm going to look how both this Bat and Joker turn out before making any more negative comments about it. Firstly, I don't own a rubbersuited figure yet so I don't know Hot Toys quality + if another figure suffers from it, doesn't mean that this one will.

Looks good from far, But I don't think it holds up well enough under scrutiny for a 1/6 scale figure. Even ignoring the slightly off proportions, the cloth look doesn't have the right texture.

If they make an Arkham Joker I think there is a chance they'll make a Harley to go with him--isn't she a fairly important and popular character in the Arkham games?

Pretty sure they said early on when asked about the license that they were planning on making batman, joker and Harley Quinn. And mentioned they weren't going to make catwoman because they either didn't like the character or didn't like the interpretation. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if by now they've scrapped Harley and will just give us batman and joker.

Cloth looks worse than having it done in rubber. Than again, we don't even know what the material exactly is. Can be soft PVC for all we know. Whatever it is, it matches with the look of the suit in the game more.

I fired up the game to check it out since it's been so long and they nailed the look of it. It's just a matter of quality.

14688140086_b7b1837a3e_h.jpg

14524493638_645c79a1f4_h.jpg

I guess I'll be the voice of descent and say I hate the texture of the suit. It's supposed to be smoother, almost like a rubber sprayed over over metal armour, with a bit of a riveted look and apparently some of it is cloth as well. This isn't anywhere near the texture of the game, its meant to be much more subtle as you can see in the screen caps posted above which makes this a no buy for me. That being said Joker and Harley interest me. I would also like Two Face since he's my favourite Bat villain but I'm not interested in the Dark Knight incarnation.

Pretty sure they said early on when asked about the license that they were planning on making batman, joker and Harley Quinn. And mentioned they weren't going to make catwoman because they either didn't like the character or didn't like the interpretation. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if by now they've scrapped Harley and will just give us batman and joker.

Is that the Catwoman with short hair and goggles look? Yeah, I've never been a fan of it. Sure, I guess it's more realistic that a cat-burglar would wear that sort of outfit...but it just isn't cool. I much prefer the Batman Returns outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back