1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

melina_vs__alicia_fox___really_by_torukun1-d3d9apg.gif

"........wait.........what?" - Stone Cold
"75 dollars for Styrofoam." - Cameron

Or you could go with the Miz, "Really?.....Really?.......REALLY?"

I thought 60 was high enough but 75 goram dollars.

Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

Just got to work and saw these prices... SS whole technique was to trick us with $130 to make $75 seem like a deal...

I'd probably pay 15 bucks because of the stand and led light. But even that's crazy. I can't get over the fact that it's Styrofoam. That's stuff breaks easily. Imagine paying the full price, and that **** comes damaged. What was HT thinking?

Yes its styrofoam, and yeah that sucks. I am considering that a dynamic figure stand costs almost 30 bones, and if you add in the light up features that the HOA offers then I could justify 50 dollars. Of course, thats just my opinion. What gets me is that I could by one of the nice legend studio cases for cheaper and the figure will look nicer in it than it will a styrofoam box. So for me, I can't justify 75 dollars for this, but I could convince myself to buy a few if the price were lower.

Yes its styrofoam, and yeah that sucks. I am considering that a dynamic figure stand costs almost 30 bones, and if you add in the light up features that the HOA offers then I could justify 50 dollars. Of course, thats just my opinion. What gets me is that I could by one of the nice legend studio cases for cheaper and the figure will look nicer in it than it will a styrofoam box. So for me, I can't justify 75 dollars for this, but I could convince myself to buy a few if the price were lower.

Funny you say that, I was shopping the Legends cases less than a minute ago. :lol

Infinitely better than this garbage.

Funny you say that, I was shopping the Legends cases less than a minute ago. :lol

Infinitely better than this garbage.

Yeah, I have two preordered and if these are half as nice as they look online then I will be buying more. I also have no desire to create a HOA with the newer armors anyway at this point. I think the select armors like Python, Silver Centurion, Heartbreaker, etc. are gonna look really nice in these cases. I can't help but think these new styrofoam HOAs would not do the beauty of the new armors justice and cheapen the display a bit.

SS missed my low guess of $80 by $5. Just crazy. I'm definitely passing on these but I know there are people out there who will get them. I look forward to the in-hand reviews. Should be interesting. I guess SS won't need to worry about packing these in styrofoam to protect the styrofoam. Though they should do a pack-out for each one when they ship in case the box gets dropped on a corner.

The irony of this is that SSC will charge you to pack these out....

Yeah, I have two preordered and if these are half as nice as they look online then I will be buying more. I also have no desire to create a HOA with the newer armors anyway at this point. I think the select armors like Python, Silver Centurion, Heartbreaker, etc. are gonna look really nice in these cases. I can't help but think these new styrofoam HOAs would not do the beauty of the new armors justice and cheapen the display a bit.

Agreed. From every pic I've seen the legend cases are gorgeous, I'm shopping one for my custom IM but may consider their larger cases for 1/4 scale statues down the road.

I actually like the stands that the new armors are coming with anyway. I know it is far fetched, but it was be nice if these sell horribly and HT decides to either drop the price drastically or like others have said, just add the unsold HOA to other items (like any upcoming armors).

Price is as expected. These stands are usually $45-$50 bucks loose, add in the labor cost for the lighting some profit and overhead and you got $75 bucks.

Not worth it to me, but I think the value is there if you want to display your figures this way.

Yep, I think that's likely true, but HT maybe underestimated the psychological hurdle of people paying $75 for Styrofoam. I've tried to look at these with an open mind and I get the pluses that guys like Boba Debt mention, but to me these still look cheap and that ruins them at any price (save maybe after seeing Boba's custom paint and set-up -- certainly these would provide at least the framework of something cool with a bit of work).

Price is as expected. These stands are usually $45-$50 bucks loose, add in the labor cost for the lighting some profit and overhead and you got $75 bucks.

Not worth it to me, but I think the value is there if you want to display your figures this way.

Thats an aftermarket ebay part out price, not what they should actually retail for

Sure, but if you buy a lot off of e.Bay, value of the piece vs what it actually cost to manufacture and "should" sell for is relative. No doubt HT is taking advantage of that. I'd pay $75 just to know what these actually cost to manufacture and what HT's profit margin is. I'm guessing this is a very high margin piece but no way to know for sure. Wish we had some whistle-blowers in high-end 1:6! :lol

This is nuts. This is the **** all the Iron Man 3 marks should be coming in. How can they expect someone to pay $74.99 for styrofoam? It seems someone laced Howard stash with some ****ed up ****.

And although you are called Brainiac, we cannot confirm you have a brain.

Sometimes I think he is the message board offspring of Thatistooreal and DarkMatter. Someone should reverse IP him and see if it comes up New York to make certain. :rotfl

I think around last September 2013. Thatistoofunny. :lol

Edit:Nov 13th he was banned just looked.

:rotfl oh god the memories :rotfl

Back