1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

Again-another insult directed toward me personally instead of dealing with the product. I do love keyboard warriors. I bet you talk just like that in person....right.

And again another insult about money. Was that a humble brag? Do you want to compare the amount of expensive things we both have and see which one wins? I mean, you brought up how much expensive things you have. Like your some kind of baller, or insinuating that I don't have nice things because I disagree with you. And everyone else seems to think this is high school, except with no potential to get jammed in their locker for sticking their nose in and egging on. I don't get why some ass hats make it personal instead of talking about the items. And that because I disagree some how your better or that gives them the right to disrespect me or attack me. If you want to make it personal and public that's fine. You want to compare anything, let me know. Mines bigger.

My initial post that you seemed to think targeted you personally was not. I was merely stating that I don't want to pay $130 or $60 for display styrofoam. You took it personally. I'm also not insinuating that I'm a baller (because I am not), but that styrofoam is the packaging for the actual product I buy, which, more often than not is expensive. Now whether I can actually afford the expensive item is up for debate. I am not making hostile attacks on the web saying I'll "jam you in your locker for talking 'stuff.'"

You most possibly do have more, bigger, stuff. I really shouldn't be buying these figures as it is. It is an expensive hobby that I got sucked into. I have to pick and choose which figures I purchase which is why I am NOT, nor will I EVER pay $130 for a styrofoam display.

Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

The boom (that I posted) was in reference to him telling you he was the one who took the picture of the piece in the first place, cause right before that you were talking about how no one could possibly know until they had in in hand... He knew cause he saw it physically in front of him...

you read it like it is, he's snarky and has a point... he's no starting **** with you, he's not comparing fortunes or possessions, he was making a point that this HOA is nothing more then cheap packaging... the Expensive stuff he buys is the exact same expensive stuff we all buy... how could that possibly be bragging and trying to one up you?

Thank you LipSmack, you understand exactly the point I was trying to convey and the overall tone. Maybe my choice of words were poor but it's difficult to communicate intent in a message board :dunno

I'm still rather new here and I realize now that things can escalate quickly.

my initial post that you seemed targeted at you personally was not. I was merely stating that i don't want to pay $130 or $60 for display styrofoam. You took it personally. I'm also not insinuating that i'm a baller but that styrofoam is the packaging for the actual product i buy, which, more often than not is expensive. Now whether i can actually afford the expensive item is up for debate. I am not making hostile attacks on the web saying i'll "jam you in your locker for talking 'stuff.'"

you most possible do have more, bigger, stuff. I really shouldn't be buying these figures as it is. It is an expensive hobby that i got sucked into. I have to pick and choose which figures i purchase which is why i am not, nor will i ever pay $130 for a styrofoam display.

leave motuxmen alone !!!

focus.com_.jpg

:lol

Thank you LipSmack, you understand exactly the point I was trying to convey and the overall tone. Maybe my choice of words were poor but it's difficult to communicate intent in a message board :dunno

I'm still rather new here and I realize now that things can escalate quickly.

I wouldn't worry about it. Some people take stuff too seriously and their internet ego won't let the back down. You'll figure out which people can't be reasoned with and aren't worth responding to pretty quickly. The great thing about this forum is that you can put them on ignore and not have to read their nonsense.

Couple of idiots quarreling for nothing.. Come'on what you guys think doesn't really matter. Hot toys still makes money out of you two -.-ll GROW UP !

I'm already making plans to replace my computer desk / War Machine cabinet with a new display that will consist of the following elements
Tony's work shop with the 7 unit HOA in the background, sitting on top of a 2 level wine cellar unit
Each level should be able to fit 9 bays so I can have 18 armors below and 7 up top.
I'm not into repaints so I should be able to display most of the armors I want and by having Starks work shop I will be able to fit Igor in their somewhere.
This will also be my new computer desk. The floor between the shop and the wine cellar will be a drawer that pulls out with a flip up monitor, key board and mouse.

That sounds awesome.

Man just got back from Anicon. $450HKD!!! That's just too much for Styrofoam for me personally. $300HKD woulda been the sweet spot for pricing IMHO. Guess my Iron Men will stay hall-less.

Man just got back from Anicon. $450HKD!!! That's just too much for Styrofoam for me personally. $300HKD woulda been the sweet spot for pricing IMHO. Guess my Iron Men will stay hall-less.

whats that in USD? im lazy

whats that in USD? im lazy

USD 58 if you buy alone... around USD51.5 if you buy as a set with the IM3 assesories. USD 60.1 in Malaysia and USD 64 in Japan...

In my opinion a fair price for these would be USD30 and resellers still make a profit.

I don't know of many collectors that discard the packaging and some of the Freaks on this forum pay and extra $10 to get their items sent in a bigger box to protect the box and Styrofoam.

I'm a collector, and if the packing is too large, I definitely throw it.

wow you get soooo many HKD for USD
its like changing Sterling to Yen :lol

If anyone here uses google chrome, you can type: "500 hong kong dollars in us dollars" and get the answer in the search.

that works with Bing too, I suppose Google as well but I use Bing

500 HKD to USD
or measurements
FT to Inch
MM to CM
etc....

Some hate plastic. Lipsmack hates diecast. Guess Hot Toys heard y'all... New material for us... Styrofoam!!! Next project... Styrofoam Iron Man for 250 USD!

I just called Hot Toys and they said they do not have confirmed pricing on this.

However, they could not confirm that the price they had posted on the sign at the CC was incorrect.

They also could not confirm that their price will be comparable to the $60 Hong Kong Price.

Back