1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

Another thing that's been bothering me is the inclusion of the base with these bays. The figures come with a base--and lately with bases that should light up but don't, which another ******** issue entirely--that should have been the base that would go with the bays. The styrofoam bay with lights could have been $25 and everyone could use the bases they already have. Money-grabbing SOBs

Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

Another thing that's been bothering me is the inclusion of the base with these bays. The figures come with a base--and lately with bases that should light up but don't, which another ******** issue entirely--that should have been the base that would go with the bays. The styrofoam bay with lights could have been $25 and everyone could use the bases they already have. Money-grabbing SOBs

Ive been thinking this too, the Legion aromours should have come with the bases with the model number and name on the baseplate like Iron Patriot / War Machine Mk II which would have meant we could still have bought these as you say at a decent price or those of use into arts and crafts could have made our own.

Ah well missed opportunity... If for some reason the bases become available separately later down the line I could change the name plate and build.something around it.

There is.

1) Not buying it.

2) Pretty sure that if you offer to pay a dio builder $3k, you'll get an actual HoA cellar not made out of Styrofoam that's more screen accurate.

Based on your PM to me, I get the feeling you're serious about actually going through with buying a lot of these. That's your right, and more importantly your money, so do with it what pleases you.

But for what it's worth, I have the means and am enough of an IM fan to do the same, but I won't because I don't think it's good value for money. Because I would wake up one day, go into my living room, and realize I'm sitting on more Styrofoam than McDonald's in the 80's that cost the same as what a wearable suit of IM armor can be built for, and then subsequently spiral into a glue sniffing depression. But again, that's just me.

I don't like to get into these sort of discussions, but I'm a lot more surprised that someone would try to defend the product and price point here than I am that people are fighting you over it. If I were buying 35 of these, I wouldn't post about it when everyone is mocking it, then try to insist it's a good deal. Yes, you may have felt personally insulted, but you walked right up to the viper's den and jumped in.

Again, if it makes you happy, by all means. But I'd consider other options first. Username's vacuforming idea is worth a shot.

I don't know. I looked into something similar with the original HOA bays and was getting estimates in the $200 price range for a single bay without lights.

I'm sure the cost would be similar for the WCHOA bays. I have been talking with Username and I'm looking forward to his vacuforming project and may go with that, but for now I'm going to get a couple units and see what can be done with them.''

I will have to disagree with you on the accuracy point, I think these are just about as accurate as you can get, the body is just made of a cheap material. I would have rather had them made from plastic and would not have minded paying twice as much for that but they are what they are and I will find a way to make it work.

I'm guess you are basing your price on full retail and 42 bays. I stand by my assertion that these will be down to less the $50 shipped by the first of next year and I only plan to do 18 bays so if I have to use these I would only have $900 invested.

There is never any reason to get personal and insult someone just because they like something. I try to stay above the fray but if someone insults me I will respond in kind.

I don't know. I looked into something similar with the original HOA bays and was getting estimates in the $200 price range for a single bay without lights.

I'm sure the cost would be similar for the WCHOA bays. I have been talking with Username and I'm looking forward to his vacuforming project and may go with that, but for now I'm going to get a couple units and see what can be done with them.''

I will have to disagree with you on the accuracy point, I think these are just about as accurate as you can get, the body is just made of a cheap material. I would have rather had them made from plastic and would not have minded paying twice as much for that but they are what they are and I will find a way to make it work.

I'm guess you are basing your price on full retail and 42 bays. I stand by my assertion that these will be down to less the $50 shipped by the first of next year and I only plan to do 18 bays so if I have to use these I would only have $900 invested.

There is never any reason to get personal and insult someone just because they like something. I try to stay above the fray but if someone insults me I will respond in kind.

18 bays? cool, I actually hope you post pics of that with your other bays in your setup, that would make it look even better than it already does :hi5:

They should have made it from compressed paper. Would have got a more visually appealing result.

So, do you think the Duct tape is included ? :monkey3

HousePartyHallofArmorSDCC.jpg~original

The idea of putting 10 grand worth of figures in those things is laughable.

I wish I had the skills to make my own HOA. These are a little more than I'm willing to pay and the other HOA is not stackable. Soo.... Yeah...custom?

Duct tape will not be include on regular release. You have to get the EX version from SSC. :lol
So, do you think the Duct tape is included ? :monkey3

HousePartyHallofArmorSDCC.jpg~original

The idea of putting 10 grand worth of figures in those things is laughable.

To create the way it looked in the movie, you would need vertical spacers that are about
5/8" wide at the front between each HOA Bay

This picture shows what I am talking about:

I intend to make the spacer at least 6” deep have a 15 degree taper on both sides so I will have a lot of contact on the sides of each HOA Bay.

Then you would need a floor between each level that is slightly deeper then the front edge of the base.

This picture provided to me by MyenShi shows this:

IF you used wood for these components you could screw everything together and then just slide the HOA bays into the "rack".

This would be exceptionally strong and safe and this is how I intend to build my wine cellar

If I can remove the plastic electronic component, I’ll paint the styrofoam and wood with a concrete textured spray paint and it will be very accurate to the movie.

I know this sounds like a lot of work but I enjoy building stuff and customizing these products is fun for me.

I get what you're saying and it would be infinitely stronger than stacking these as they're pictured at the expo.

Making a wood framed rack would certainly be the safer, stronger alternative for that type of display, and not to difficult for an experienced builder.

Like you said, once it's done a simple textured paint would tie it together very well.

I cant see a practical way to display that, if you made the roof of the cellar there you wouldn't see any of the armors :lol

I cant see a practical way to display that, if you made the roof of the cellar there you wouldn't see any of the armors :lol

I'm only doing 2 levels of 9 bays in a semi circle which will be below the work shop diorama.

I'm still debating if I want to recreate the level between the work shop and the HOA Wine Cellar which in the movie was an actual win cellar.

Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but I thought this was kind of funny.

It reads: NOTE: Due to the fragility of the materials used on this item, we cannot accept a return once it has been opened. Materials used : Styrofoam & Plastic

Untitled.jpg

It reads: NOTE: Due to the fragility of the materials used on this item, we cannot accept a return once it has been opened. Materials used : Styrofoam & Plastic

View attachment 125125

That should be a big sign to everyone that these are a bad buy.

View attachment 125125

Glad they cared enough to point that out, but what if UPS drop kicks the box and you get it already snapped in half? Good on ya Toypiss.

But, don't they come secured with package inserts made out of.... Styrofoam?

Back