1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

Nice...Mark 25 Striker is on deck!!!!!

Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

An ebay auction is likely using the same guess work everyone here is from the photos, while we are most likely right they havent announced what they are made of yet.

An ebay auction is likely using the same guess work everyone here is from the photos, while we are most likely right they havent announced what they are made of yet.

It's made out of styrofoam. You can tell by looking at it.

doesnt mean its styrofoam, I mean iit probably is but theres no way to be 100% sure

Of course.
I cannot say for sure what the final thing will be made of.
All the same, that prototype IS styrofoam. all you are paying for is the base, the backboard and top light, plus a styrofoam box to hold it all.
From my own experience, although it's dense cell foam and will be very strong and very light, it will still be possible to dent it if you are not careful.

They needed to find a way to just make it a bit more tacky. Probably just for branding purposes. They think people like that sort of thing, and I suppose some do.

Though in all seriousness, replica (even in quotations) is a word far too kind to use. "Approximation" perhaps.

e8Yx9Wf_zps8595f884.jpg

That looks cool. Stark must be hell of a builder to dig down through a cliff and then turn it into a high tech armour storage room.

That looks cool. Stark must be hell of a builder to dig down through a cliff and then turn it into a high tech armour storage room.

He got Thor and Hulk to do all the heavy digging!:yess:

The suits did the work, hell Striker/Gamma/Igor, they're construction suits

If HT wants folks to buy as much of the HPP as they're willing to make, they're going to put out cheap foam storage chambers, otherwise they'll be warming the shelves like the hall of armor sets.

I think it's a brilliant move too

Do we have any official confirmation this product is made of some kind of styrofoam, or is this a supposition based on the unfortunate resemblance of the finish?.. since these have fitted electrics, it would seem like an odd choice of material.
:dunno

You can tell by the molding on the side of the halls that is made of styrofoam from when they inject it in. God forbid one has a pest infestation in their house.

I might be interested in this, if I could find space :lol

Probably not

Does anyone know if styrofoam can rot?

If not, I'm wondering if HT will find a way....

Does anyone know if styrofoam can rot?

If not, I'm wondering if HT will find a way....

Certain glues, aerosols, paints, liquids can dissolve/melt it.

Back