1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

HT may in fact end up making these in hard plastic, but what we are seeing at the con appears to be foam. For the price there is no way it will be foam. They are not that stupid at $130 bucks a pop.

Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

I bet someone buys them. I know of at least . one person for sure that will . Me. And I doubt I'll be the only one. Would I prefer them cheaper, of course. I'd love them made from platinum or vibranium or adamantium for 1 dollar including shipping, but that's not gonna happen

I think they look cool . No matter what they are made from. That's all that matters to me. If I like it. And then if I can afford it. If hot toys then makes a good profit on it good for them. The more successful they are the more likely I am to continue getting sweet figures and accessories.

You say that now, then you wake up in the middle of the nite to hear, then see cockroaches eating on the delicious foam. No way man these should be plastic and at that price AT LEAST the same quality of the first HOA.

You say that now, then you wake up in the middle of the nite to hear, then see cockroaches eating on the delicious foam. No way man these should be plastic and at that price AT LEAST the same quality of the first HOA.

just eat him, taste of his own medicine!

No one should buy these at that price, way cheaper looking than the original hoa and for Christ sakes if that really is styrofoam hts is out of their mind.

There's LED wiring in the them, foam would make that super impractical. It just plastic sculpted to look like concrete.

However if they're REALLY $130 each, Hot Toys is stupid.

LEDs don't generate much heat and it is super easy to inject foam around "hard components".

I am listening... ;)

If you have seen my project you know I have pretty much figured this out and would be glad to help you get your HOA worked out.

If you haven't seen my project you can check it out at: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...143782-Hot-Toys-Custom-Hall-of-Armor-Projects

LOL. But a real thing about the foam and strength is this jewel of knowledge.

If a plastic hall should break, you can glue it. If a foam hall breaks you are screwed. I do not know of anything that can bond foam and not look like **** and still have strength.

At least with plastic there are ways of getting around that to reinforce or use something like JB Weld on it which can be sanded and painted that would not look so terrible. Foam not so much, it tears rips or breaks you are in trouble. Forget about stacking anything on that.

There's LED wiring in the them, foam would make that super impractical. It just plastic sculpted to look like concrete.

It's the price that is crazy if it's really foam. Foam is easy to mass produce. If these are $130 I'll curse hot toys for milking Ironman. But if they are $60 I'd buy one or two...

It's the price that is crazy if it's really foam. Foam is easy to mass produce. If these are $130 I'll curse hot toys for milking Ironman. But if they are $60 I'd buy one or two...

$60 aint bad but for foam it should be less, its not foam though :slap

Not really, they place the plastic parts into the mold and form the foam around them, we also havent seen the back or top of these so the wiring could be running in tracks... all very possible. Alse look at the side of the piece, all though little circles... same on all the foam inserts I have

its foam, accept it already :lol

Never-GIF.gif

Seven pages of foam deliberation, this is great :lol

Someone who is at or knows someone who is at SDCC needs to go to the Hot Toys booth ans ask the rep what its made of and what the production version is made of... answer this question once and for all :)

I think Username trolled the **** out of everyone in this thread by arguing on a pro-foam platform and now we're all reaping the rewards of the dumbest fight on the internet lol.

I think Username trolled the **** out of everyone in this thread by arguing on a pro-foam platform and now we're all reaping the rewards of the dumbest fight on the internet lol.

:rotfl

Will someone PLEASE take their Diecast Iron Man packaging and take a look at it? Its the same stuff as this. Strong styrofoam.

Ive said this twice and no one has listened to me, instead debating something that should have been settled half a thread ago!

in hand pic from HK should be out soon in HK... I believe it's on sale today...

Back