1/6 Hot Toys: New DX Joker variations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which DX Joker would you be interested in seeing?

• Jack Napier

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Reveal Joker (1st Appearance)

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Mob/ joybuzzer Joker

Votes: 19 13.8%
  • Partyman/Museum Joker

Votes: 85 61.6%
  • Smylex Commercial Joker

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Casual Joker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Axis Lair Joker

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Gangster Broadcast Joker

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Smilex one could come with some cool accessories but the look is pretty much the same as the DX08. I'd say the reveal with the acid stained trench coat or the museum scene look. The mob scene look isn't bad but I don't think I'd buy it.

I voted for the museum version because that's one of the most iconic scenes in the film, but I think a combo Museum/Mobster figure is doable.

- Flesh Tone Portrait
- Melting Portrait
- Two Jackets
- Tie/Ascot
- Hat/Beret
- Paint Brush
- Boom Box
- Buzzer Hand

Went with the overwhelming favorite myself, Partyman.

But boiling things down these are the elements I want to get in a Nicholson Joker - a head with his skin-coloured makeup, at least one non hat-haired sculpt. Not sure the latter will ever happen though. HT will make hat heads by default and so far they haven't given 2 headsculpts with any Burton Batman figure.

Last edited:
Looks like Museum Joker is winning by a landslide.

Really, a flesh painted face is the only thing I'd be interested in with a new figure so Museum would be just fine. If it ended up being anything like Rorywan's fantastic custom, I'd be happy.

RORYMODMuseumJOKER_zps2e002353.jpg~320x480

And I've posted this before, it'd be cool too even though Hot Toys hasn't been going all out with their '89 figures like a-dev said in terms of alternate options in one set,

Museum-MobJoker.jpg

(With pinstripe pants of course)

I like the idea of a 'melting' face in a set but the museum Joker isn't very far off from the DX08 in costume, so I'm unsure.

I watched Batman '89 a few nights ago and that movie really isn't doing it for me anymore, though I still like Nicholson and the look of the Joker in that film. I have been unhappy with my DX08 from the beginning and would like to see another attempt by HT (besides such an odd one-scene look like the DX14).

I know what you mean after seeing TheFiend's fantastic Skiman resculpt/repaint. That thing is killer and should have been what we got with the DX 08. I still love my DX 08, but there's still things with the head that could be better.

And maybe it's just me, but I never liked the forearm socks. If they make future versions, why not just all white true type forearms?

I know what you mean after seeing TheFiend's fantastic Skiman resculpt/repaint. That thing is killer and should have been what we got with the DX 08. I still love my DX 08, but there's still things with the head that could be better.

And maybe it's just me, but I never liked the forearm socks. If they make future versions, why not just all white true type forearms?

I absolutely hate the forearm socks. I don't repose my Joker much at all because of them.

Wow...forearm socks. I didn't know about this at all, saw no mention of it in Crawford's reviews. But now that I'm looking at pictures, I see them. And the Mime version has them too.

It may seem like a small thing, but for some reason the forearm socks has me really reconsidering whether or not I'm going to purchase a Nicholson Joker at all. I wanted a Mime version, but...forearm socks. I'll always know they're there now. I guess I had assumed the Joker's underlying body was white. Still, at least on the Mime version they seem to look better with the outfit...and I guess I can always decide that the Mime Joker was a really creepy guy who painted himself up as a clown, hence the flesh-tone skin underneath.

Back