Action Figure Pop Culture Shock Street Fighter Figures 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$160? I'm definitely in for Ryu at minimum, might be in for Ken, Akuma if the quality stay at what we've seen in these teasers.

Looks pretty awesome... don't dig the foot articulation though, just make it flat, or include a bent pair. But joints on the foot just don't work well for 1/6.

I´m with you on this one, not a fan of articulation on feet... well, I think the decision is already made, but I hope, the articulation points are not that visible.

I agree with the person who said that the SF figure market isn't as big as as ppl think they is. The SOTA line lasted was an odd one where it lasted a long time. Then again, it was around five waves with five figures per wave so it would explain the longevity it had compared to other SF lines. I think the same was said about the Hasbro line where they managed to do the 12 SF 2 cast, though a lot of them used recycled GI JOE parts. The other SF lines lasted around 2-3 waves with an average three figures per wave.

With SOTA doing all 15, that is hard to say if they can financially especially with a scaled 12 inch line where most lines last around 1 or 2 figures. Street Fighter isn't Iron Man nor Star Wars. Heck, the Doctor Who line is struggling and they are trying to do all 12 Doctors plus variants and the possibly the War Doctor. I think the line will start to become dry after figure 5 or 6. I think the first three figures will be R, Ken, and Akuma just because they not only popular, but are Shoto clones. Chun-li and Cammy might follow. I think the Kids Logic will do a similar line up.

Doing statues is one thing (where can do variants of Ryu in limited quantities), but making action figures is another. I like the Kids Logic prototype Ryu head better as it looks like some of the game art, but the body doesn't look as good as the PCS version.

The thing that has me concerned is Jerry's interest level. I'm not sure whether he's the driving force here or if there are other people/factors at play, but there was a interview a while back, while very informative and interesting, he pretty much said he lost interest in SOTA/Street Fighter and moved on and that the Capcom rep had to sweet talk him into making more merch. So, at this point I'm concerned that he would make 2 or 3 figures, and then give up or lose interest.

I'm very interested in 1/6, but I have the whole set of SOTA figures, but I'm not interested in replacing just one or two. It's an all or nothing deal for me.

While it does seem concerning that Jerry's attention to the line might effect the longevity of line, his company continues to make Street Fighter statues. I think as long as these figures sell well, he will continue to make more.

The only reason I think the SOTA SF line lasted so long is because fan demand of the first two waves. Once wave 3 came rolling, most people lost interest, and those who stayed, wanted the SSF2 characters or took advantage of Sota's polls and voted for characters no one wanted. I think by the final wave, the fans who just wanted freak or hot female characters outweighed the SSF2 completest, hence R.Mika beating Dee Jay.

To see 15 1/6 figures being made would be quite an accomplishment on PCS' part since most people would want a Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Chun-li, Cammy, and maybe Sagat. The rest are hit or miss, depending on the collector.

I think by the time the top 5 are made, the line would dwindle. On top of that, PCS has to develop additional bodies for certain characters. Akuma could share Ryus' and Kens' body since he was originally drawn as being the same build, but PCS has to make two types of bodies for Chun-li and Cammy. 1/6 scale is different than 1/12 whereas the former requires a unique head and clothing - I think the tooling would become too costly if PCS starts doing the larger characters unless they start uniforming the bods into three male types: small, medium, and large. If they go that route, Fei Long might be too buff (he might use the El Furete body or vice versa) or Blanka being too tall (using the zangief body?)

This has got me thinking. If PCS starts using 3 different body types for males, how would it work? Here's my guess:

Average body (Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Guile, Guy, Cody, Bision [SF2 and SF4] Balrog, Blanka? Charlie
Large body (Zangief, Sagat, T. Hawk, Hugo, M. Bision [SFA/SF movie]
Slim body (Fei Long, Yun, Yang, El Fuerte)

Because the SF series relies on various body shapes for their characters, doing 15 figures is very ambitious.

10439455_509519339193604_6148156573008354012_n.jpg

I like adding some realism in too, but he looks pretty old to me. Still an awesome figure and a must get for me.

I'm the opposite. The sculpt ruins it a bit for me. I passed on the 1/4 Ryu because of the sculpt as well, & this basically looks the same. I'm not saying it's a bad sculpt, simply that it's not in a style I want. But with figures, there's a chance a custom Ryu sculpt (or maybe even a 2nd head sculpt from PCS?) might pop up, so I'm still excited for this.

I'm the opposite. The sculpt ruins it a bit for me. I passed on the 1/4 Ryu because of the sculpt as well, & this basically looks the same. I'm not saying it's a bad sculpt, simply that it's not in a style I want. But with figures, there's a chance a custom Ryu sculpt (or maybe even a 2nd head sculpt from PCS?) might pop up, so I'm still excited for this.

I tried to do a custom Ryu head sculpt project the interest easnt there.

I was there man :lol

Maybe more interest will come with this figure being shown. I can't be the only person not that happy about the sculpt am I?

My wants for this figure:
- Alternative sculpt (or 2)
- Duffel bag
- Hadouken energy effect

I was there man :lol

Maybe more interest will come with this figure being shown. I can't be the only person not that happy about the sculpt am I?

My wants for this figure:
- Alternative sculpt (or 2)
- Duffel bag
- Hadouken energy effect

More ill bump the old thread lol we should get all three of those.

Back