Action Figure Pop Culture Shock Street Fighter Figures 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having all these would be madballs amazing. Definitely would go for at least 5-7 of them.
vy7usu4e.jpg

PCS is planning to do 15 figures. I wonder if it is the entire SSF2 cast since it equals to 15. I guess it is safe to do since they are the most popular characters in a scale that is limited

I was thinking about how I think Ryu should look, & it occurred to me that I don't even think Ryu looks like Ryu sometimes :lol

sfus0028.png

Streetfighter2_shenglong.png

The hair in this pic looks kinda close to the PCS sculpt, but it has a better face.

!tatsunoko_vs_capcom-852286.jpg

PCS is planning to do 15 figures. I wonder if it is the entire SSF2 cast since it equals to 15. I guess it is safe to do since they are the most popular characters in a scale that is limited
SFII has 12, & SSFII has 16 though.
See the head that is palce on the side? That head screams Ryu!
If that's the 1/4 Ryu portrait already shown, then I'm not feelin' that either. Although, yeah, it kinda looks good there.

OMG it is true, there are those mutant feet again :rotfl
Ah well take my money

I think Ryu's face differs from each game, but is usually consistent FO a few things such as wide eyes and a strong nose. The TVC art doesn't really count since the artist draws all her guys looking the same. Even so, he looks a bit like SF3 Ryu. As for the SF1 art, he was not only younger, but evolved.
Everyone has gotten a facelift since Sf2. I think the SSF2 look is the more definitive look of the game's era since a lot of the characters' facial features carried over to the later games like Sagat, Guile, E. Honda, Dhalsim, etc..

I think there are three types of Ryu main look since a lot of the art are drawn similar to these
SFA Ryu
SF2 Ryu (SSF2 and after)
SF3 Ryu

i think the figure looks awesome. but i kinda prefer the gritty rough texturing look of the body on kidlogics akuma vs the smoothish look on the pcs ryu.

If the choice was yours Saber, what Ryu would you like the portrait to be based on?

Edit: Cheers Krec. What I wanted minus the extra sculpt (boooo :lol). I'm pretty happy about the duffel bag. 3rd quarter 2015 though.

If the choice was yours Saber, what Ryu would you like the portrait to be based on?

Edit: Cheers Krec. What I wanted minus the extra sculpt (boooo :lol). I'm pretty happy about the duffel bag. 3rd quarter 2015 though.

I think I would go for the TVC/MVC3/SF3/SF4 look as it is the current look, though Kids Logic has a Ryu with that headsculpt. My favorite version of Ryu is the SSF2X/T look as it reminds me of how he looks in the animated movie. If PCS modifies the face looking like that one angle you posted and made the back of the hair shorter, I would be happy with it. I think the hair on the bad bothers me the most since Ryu's hair has always been short, spiky or not

In terms of headsculpt, my preference would be anything by artists kinu or Ikeno. But since the body type is based off of SFIV, Ikenos art would be more appropriate.

The HS right now isn't *bad*....but this would look MUCH better IMO.

We tried but couldn't even get 10 interest

Maybe we can find someone who would be willing to do a low number run but may cost more

I might know someone actually, but depends if peeps would be willing to pay more

The animated movie Ryu needs to get made.

We tried but couldn't even get 10 interest

Maybe we can find someone who would be willing to do a low number run but may cost more

I might know someone actually, but depends if peeps would be willing to pay more

Ill be down in a heartbeat depends on everyone else.

Back