Lego dc 2014-2015

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're referring to the Lego Ultimate Batmobile, it is about 18" long when completed, and 7" wide at the rear. A Mattel BTAS Batman figure fits neatly behind the wheel, which is a bonus.

No, that was addressed to Karamazov's post about an older Tumbler. That UCE Batmobile seemed awesome back then.

The first Tumbler set only had 449 pieces and that's including the ice cream truck. Clearly this is a much more elaborate build.

I don't think that car gets nearly enough love in merchandise form.

Most if not all their previous Lego Batmobiles (and figures) have been inspired by the '89 car, so I wouldn't say it doesn't get any love.

4605549718_e5717c2653.jpg

7784-1.jpg

tiki-download_file.php

Even their sets are themed with it.

250px-Gangster_Joker.png

LEGO-Super-Heroes-Batwing-Battle-Over-Gotham-City-6863.jpg

They probably just don't have permission to do actual licensed sets and vehicles for it.

LEGO already did the Tumbler a few years ago. I had it. I'm pretty sure the initial cost on the first one was around $50, and came with an additional Joker ice cream truck and 3 figures. I wonder why the massive jacked up price now. Maybe it will be much bigger?

The first Tumbler set only had 449 pieces and that's including the ice cream truck. Clearly this is a much more elaborate build.

Exactly. This UCS model has about 4x more parts to it, hence 4x the price tag. Keep in mind that the earlier set (7888) did retail for $50 back in 2008, but now has a secondary market price of $200+ for a complete set. LEGO sets seem expensive at first, but they tend to appreciate nicely so you want to make sure you buy them before they retire.

I see that original Tumbler set plummeting in value due to the availability of this new set. There's certainly no reason to pay the same price as this set and it when all is said and done there will probably be 5-10x as many copies of the 7888 set in the wild as this due to its mass availability and lower price.

I am actually mad you can only get the 66 batmobile as a comic con exclusive for Lego, but for the price is not that bad, it looks highly detailed.

I am actually mad you can only get the 66 batmobile as a comic con exclusive for Lego, but for the price is not that bad, it looks highly detailed.

Where are you seeing pics of the '66 Batmobile exclusive? It hasn't been revealed yet to my knowledge. These mini SDCC sets are only ~150 pieces or less so it's unlikely it will be a very detailed model and probably won't even be to scale with the minifigure. Having said that, I'm sure it will be in high demand, especially with the Adam West Batman minifigure. Hopefully LEGO will be producing a mass market version of the '66 Batmobile for those of us who don't want to overpay.

Where are you seeing pics of the '66 Batmobile exclusive? It hasn't been revealed yet to my knowledge. These mini SDCC sets are only ~150 pieces or less so it's unlikely it will be a very detailed model and probably won't even be to scale with the minifigure. Having said that, I'm sure it will be in high demand, especially with the Adam West Batman minifigure. Hopefully LEGO will be producing a mass market version of the '66 Batmobile for those of us who don't want to overpay.

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture...v-batmobile-batman-series-san-diego-comic-con

thank god it was a regular sized one with exclusive figs, still looks cute though,

Designer interview for the UCS Tumbler. Official dimensions are 5 inches high, 15 inches long, and 9 inches wide.

I can't believe Lego would make the '66 Batmobile a convention exclusive only. Hopefully we'll see a playlet that incorporates the car and mini figures.

Lego is the Joker of the toy world - the just want to watch the world burn. They just like to screw over their fans with super limited items.

They're really expensive now, I personally don't think the sets are worth it.
The recent tower of Orthanc from LOTR was $199 too, more value to it imo,

It really comes down to the license. The Simpsons House is like 2500 pieces and the same price, yet something like the Ewok village is $50 more and like 1900 pieces. It can be random sometimes. Personally I would rather drop $200 on this and spend hours assembling it than spending the same on a Hot Toys figure I will open, pose once and stick in a shelf to never handle again.

LEGO already did the Tumbler a few years ago. I had it. I'm pretty sure the initial cost on the first one was around $50, and came with an additional Joker ice cream truck and 3 figures. I wonder why the massive jacked up price now. Maybe it will be much bigger?

That set was only 450 pieces for everything, so that Tumbler probably only consists of about 300 pieces. So yeah this one has over 1800 pieces, it is significantly larger.

Most if not all their previous Lego Batmobiles (and figures) have been inspired by the '89 car, so I wouldn't say it doesn't get any love.

4605549718_e5717c2653.jpg

This one is actually a custom set and not designed by Lego. I have it, it's really nice, much better than any official Lego Batmobiles.

Available September .... So getting this! $200 is expensive but the quality of Lego products is unsurpassed. Toy engineering at its greatest. Consider $200 plus for a Hot Toys figure with bad joints, disintegrating rubber, flakey paint etc (doesn't stop us buying them though!)

I can't believe Lego would make the '66 Batmobile a convention exclusive only. Hopefully we'll see a playlet that incorporates the car and mini figures.

They can keep it, for all I care. The Batmobile design's "meh," and nothing about the Batman and Robin minifigs says "West and Ward" to me.

Back