1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS
BtRVnD5CQAEWbmI.jpg:large

VS.

Hasbro
dsc03202ne.jpg

:dunno

I has to look real hard to see the difference in the forward fins and the little knobby levers and other subtle differences. The SS bike is clearly going to be the winner here right out of the box, but Hasbro's effort was probably their best machine and really holds up. I would be fine putting an SS trooper on the Hasbro bike. Just needs some good weathering and a better blankie on the back.

I has to look real hard to see the difference in the forward fins and the little knobby levers and other subtle differences. The SS bike is clearly going to be the winner here right out of the box, but Hasbro's effort was probably their best machine and really holds up. I would be fine putting an SS trooper on the Hasbro bike. Just needs some good weathering and a better blankie on the back.

Exactly. And since you can get the bike with luke or leia for like $40-$50 on ebay in the US, and that includes shipping, you would be saving at least $100-$150 or more compared to the SS one depending on the final price. I also predict the Hasbro ones will go up in price as people look to these as an alternative to the more expensive SS one for their SS Scout Troopers.

Yeah the Leia was... Not impressive. :lol

How is the bike though - obviously not as good as SS's will be, but would it make a nice accompaniment, or stick out like a sore thumb?

I have the Hasbro Bike. It's hard to tell without seeing more pics or holding the SS one, but the SS bike looks better proportioned. There are very minute changes throughout that elevate it. Small margin for improvement though, as the Hasbro one is already pretty good. I've no doubt SS's will be better and sturdier, as the Hasbro still feels toy like at the end of the day.

I'll be repainting the Hasbro once I get Sideshow's.

I think with a bit of work the Hasbro is more than sufficient, but I think there are some small things wrong with it that Sideshow will likely address and of course the paint work should be better on this and I'd expect the overall sculpt on it to be a bit more refined. So probably not really worth a few hundred more, but I'll still probably buy it over a Hasbro :lol

Time to trow away the MPC/ERTLS Speeder model that's been sitting on my workbench.

Back