1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stretched face:

bs1.jpg

Yeah, that is a typical Sideshow fail.

Interestingly, the PF doesn't have the helmet issues being mentioned here. I'd love to learn more about Sideshow's process and why whomever is handling art direction can't or won't keep their own product lines in sync stylistically. Very odd.

It's all subjective.

Sand People are just indigenous, misunderstood, shamanistic tribes of people with anger management issues who have no choice but to raid settlements as settlers continue to encroach on their land.

Boba Fett is a working man trying to make it in a galaxy none too kind to orphans.

The Empire is simply trying to establish peace through order. They would've succeeded too, if it weren't for those meddling terrorists.

This is all true from a certain point of view.

It's all subjective.

Sand People are just indigenous, misunderstood, shamanistic tribes of people with anger management issues who have no choice but to raid settlements as settlers continue to encroach on their land.

Boba Fett is a working man trying to make it in a galaxy none too kind to orphans.

The Empire is simply trying to establish peace through order. They would've succeeded too, if it weren't for those meddling terrorists.
Great post! :lol

Just a personal preference. With regards to SW, that doesn't cover Boba nor Tusken Raiders either. Have Boba on private wait-list and Tusken on on the shelf. So I define villain maybe a little more specifically than most other people. ;)

But that preference must be motivated by some sort of ethos? I tend to think of stormtroopers and the like as enlisted grunts as well, but I'm curious as to your official "no villains" rule.

In terms of real-world evil, I wouldn't want representations of it either, but even though ANH Vader is technically a genocidal psychopath, he occupies a well-defined, 1-dimensional "bad guy that will surely be foiled/vanquished" slot in my childhood memories, which is, I suppose why I spend money on Star Wars merchandise at all, for nostalgia and a sense of fun.

The Scout Trooper is the one stand-out design for me in ROTJ, my least favourite film of the OT but they're absolute fan-bait.

It's not so much a rule as it is lack of interest in villains in general. But it doesn't really apply to Star Wars as we've seen. ;)

I'm not really concerned about PO dates, but rather release date. I don't think I'll order until they ship.

Yea been doing a little research to figure out what's wrong.
I don't know photoshop so this is my only means of explaining what I see to be fixed.

The visor area has two sections or steps on the side, (top and bottom) bottom flowing into the air intake. On screen helmet it's broken into approximately 2 equal lengths (top section almost equal to bottom section, maybe 2/5 3/5), on 1/6 top section is about 1/3 of the bottom, which drops everything lower giving the elongated look. Air intake (ear) is also longer due to this than original.
The mouth piece (or grey part) is smaller in screen helmet with bigger black outline. The 1/6, if you notice the flat part on top is again 1/3 to 2/3 of the lower part with square area and round faucet screen thingy.
From what I see, these combined give it a longer, dare I say "horse face". :monkey3

Attachments

• bs.jpg
    bs.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 297
There's no need to restrict yourself to looking at film footage since you can find great 1:1 prop replicas that can be measured or scanned for accuracy. I can't imagine the changes Sideshow made here being by accident, since anyone would notice them immediately when consulting a real prop or stills from the movie.

They don't look "bad" just different and not accurate to the movie/costume.

Last edited:
Back