1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea been doing a little research to figure out what's wrong.
I don't know photoshop so this is my only means of explaining what I see to be fixed.

The visor area has two sections or steps on the side, (top and bottom) bottom flowing into the air intake. On screen helmet it's broken into approximately 2 equal lengths (top section almost equal to bottom section, maybe 2/5 3/5), on 1/6 top section is about 1/3 of the bottom, which drops everything lower giving the elongated look. Air intake (ear) is also longer due to this than original.
The mouth piece (or grey part) is smaller in screen helmet with bigger black outline. The 1/6, if you notice the flat part on top is again 1/3 to 2/3 of the lower part with square area and round faucet screen thingy.
From what I see, these combined give it a longer, dare I say "horse face". :monkey3

Nicely done. You should send that to Sideshow.

Yea been doing a little research to figure out what's wrong.
I don't know photoshop so this is my only means of explaining what I see to be fixed.

The visor area has two sections or steps on the side, (top and bottom) bottom flowing into the air intake. On screen helmet it's broken into approximately 2 equal lengths (top section almost equal to bottom section, maybe 2/5 3/5), on 1/6 top section is about 1/3 of the bottom, which drops everything lower giving the elongated look. Air intake (ear) is also longer due to this than original.
The mouth piece (or grey part) is smaller in screen helmet with bigger black outline. The 1/6, if you notice the flat part on top is again 1/3 to 2/3 of the lower part with square area and round faucet screen thingy.
From what I see, these combined give it a longer, dare I say "horse face". :monkey3

Wow. Appreciate the effort:clap

Now I will only get one. :lol Just kidding.

Edit: These are all good advices for Sideshow on how to beat Hot Toys.:)

Last edited:
Maybe Sideshow does this on purpose because they know some would lose interest without something to criticize or nitpick. ;)

Maybe Sideshow does this on purpose because they know some would lose interest without something to criticize or nitpick. ;)

:1-1: You are my friend cause you know me.:lol

Its all well intentioned for we are growing with Sideshow.:lol

Maybe SSC didn't want the helmet to be too accurate not to be confused to a screen used helmet :wave

The irony, of course, is that Hasbro pretty much nailed the Biker Scout helmet on their 12" mass-produced figure over ten years ago (well, on one of the two Hasbro versions at least.)

Wonky helmet aside (sort of ROTS-clone-crossed-with-Biker look,) no one - not even HT - does armored outfits like SSC.

The overall look of this figure is awesome - those boots alone are incredible - and it's possible the helmet is off because it's engineered to flip up to reveal a trooper face.

Nope. They simply don't care about accuracy. Neither what fans think. They only care about artistic interpretation, and with that said everything lies in the talent of the sculptor. ;) SSC has already shown us how they can succeed with the Snowtrooper and fail with the Stormtrooper.

The irony, of course, is that Hasbro pretty much nailed the Biker Scout helmet on their 12" mass-produced figure over ten years ago (well, on one of the two Hasbro versions at least.)

Wonky helmet aside (sort of ROTS-clone-crossed-with-Biker look,) no one - not even HT - does armored outfits like SSC.

The overall look of this figure is awesome - those boots alone are incredible - and it's possible the helmet is off because it's engineered to flip up to reveal a trooper face.

I need to see pics of the finished 1:6 SSC Scout helmet to see if it is ok 100%. For now it looks very cool, with minor problems which cannot be told if they are because of photography or the helmet itself.

Nope. They simply don't care about accuracy. Neither what fans think. They only care about artistic interpretation, and with that said everything lies in the talent of the sculptor. ;) SSC has already shown us how they can succeed with the Snowtrooper and fail with the Stormtrooper.

Obvious joke was obvious. :duff

I wouldn't call it artistic interpretation per se; likely just them not expecting the majority to spot those minor details or discrepancies. We are, after all, the very vocal minority. As I recall, there was a number of people who took issue with the Snowtrooper helmet as well. I don't need them to be perfect; not at this price point or scale. From eFX for what we pay, yes, accuracy all the way, baby. But so long as Sideshow continues to be semi-affordable (that's relative), I'm good.

Doesn't mean I'll accept sloppy work, of course. But a few millimeters off here or there won't prevent my enjoyment of an otherwise awesome expensive action figure. :wink1:

Last edited:
Is the tomy Biker Scout helmet accurate?

On one of the other pages somewhere here I saw a custom 12" action figure using that helmet and it looks terrific/accurate. But it did look slightly too small. The SSC one actually looks slightly oversized, but might be the pics.

I'm so conflicted on this. I love the look of the Scout trooper. But I've been vigilant in keeping my SW collection to one or two villains (Fett, and a Vader eventually).

If I buy him, I'm worried I'll be falling down the rabbit hole quickly. First the Scout, then some other troopers, then who knows? :lol

this is too funny. im the opposite. i ONLY collect villians, then I ordered Han and Luke in Hoth gear, now Im eyeing Pilot Luke....Im just an OT sucker.

cant wait to add an old jedi master luke in a year or 2 tho....good times....

Unfortunately none of the 1:7 Tomy helmets I've seen detailed pics of or I own (Vader, Stormie, AT-AT Driver) are very accurate

The Luke Snowspeeder member-made dolls on this forum using the Tomy X-Wing pilot helmet look very good. I have the Tomy ATAT driver helmet and thought it was quite accurate when it arrived, but haven't had it out in awhile.

I thought one of the Hasbro biker scout helmets (later release) was very accurate, but I also had thought the Tomy biker helmet was accurate. You guys know the costumes' intricacies very well!

The Luke Snowspeeder member-made dolls on this forum using the Tomy X-Wing pilot helmet look very good. I have the Tomy ATAT driver helmet and thought it was quite accurate when it arrived, but haven't had it out in awhile.

I thought one of the Hasbro biker scout helmets (later release) was very accurate, but I also had thought the Tomy biker helmet was accurate. You guys know the costumes' intricacies very well!

Of the 3 I mentioned above the most accurate is the AT-AT Driver, but still not perfect, the Marmit is much better.

Of the 3 I mentioned above the most accurate is the AT-AT Driver, but still not perfect, the Marmit is much better.

I have the Marmit ATAT driver. Other than the incorrect emblems and junk hoses its great. Well, that and the armor color - not sure why they did that (go all blue-grey or all white, not a mix - I think the costume was all-grey armor/helmet, not sure on the boots.)

As I said in the TIE pilot thread, SSC doing a ATAT driver is like reinventing the wheel. The Marmit one has gone up a bit though (maybe a bit more than a SSC ATAT would be) and the model-like building necessary for Marmits isn't for everyone.

I just picked up the marmit AT-AT driver on here from a fellow freak member with the box. I love it just need the tie pilot now. I noticed the marmit helmet is huge compared to the tomy helmet

Back