Cleopsis/Court of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thoughts....

Cleopsis: I want to know what is under that mask. The little exposed flesh that we can see, especially the knee, worries me. I'm put most in mind of Cronenberg's "The Fly" remake. NOT a favorite movie of mine, I hate body horror like that. This is the "Eater of the dead." What eats the dead....? Think about it.

So, I need to see closer, better pix. If the mask is removable, I'm going to need to see what's underneath. [I think its probably not removable, though.] Jury verdict: still out. No bugs, kthxbai. She could be a snake-lady, though. I would be down with that.

Kier: From the waist up, this figure just cant be beat. Lovely face, cool corset, sword is a go, cape, yaaaaaas to the cape, hair excellent and we have the benefit of masked vs unmasked heads. That hand! With the smoking skull! WOW. Cons: She's a warrior. With bare feet. And unarmored legs. Warriors rarely do their thing basically naked from the waist down. they don't go into battle barefoot. Top half does not equal bottom half: I am confused. Jury verdict: still out. But that hand with the skull... wow.

[And what's WITH all these bare feet, anyways? Does Lord Death not provide footwear for his female staff, what's up with that?!! "ARE THERE NO LOUBOUTINS IN HELL, O MASTER?!" I would cry.... and probably be banished to the lower Ninth level. Oh well!]

And that leads us to..... Xiall. Xiall. Proudly posed in a classic summoning stance,with regal staff denoting her status and just rocking the house from the tip of her bone crown to the bottoms of the aforementioned natural high-heels. Its almost like her feet were bound in life. She is regal, the more I look at her the more I like her. Jury verdict: a strong contender.

Gallevarbe: still staying.

Machiko: in serious danger of being dethroned from my preorder list. However, nothing shall be decided hastily.

Hot Toys Ellen Ripley: Normally I'd be all over that. But I have seen these evil ladies, and so I doubt she will come to live here.

Pinhead: The husband likes him. Ut-oh.

Well I think this is where you get to use your imagination to fill in the narrative "blanks" of these statues. Why is Kier covered in blood? Whose blood is it? That of mortal men or some otherworldly creatures? Is her supernatural skin impervious to most wounds and therefore her armor is ornamental and/or psychological? Or did she have leggings and boots that were torn off in the bloodbath that smeared her feet and legs? I don't think you're supposed to look at these and think "well that doesn't make sense for a human woman in medieval combat." You've got to embrace the mythology and connect some of those dots yourself.

These statues and themes aren't necessarily my cup of tea but they are kind of fun to ponder over.

Man, they are killing this line. So good! These are worth the new PF prices.... Unlike the licensed stuff.

Preview-Night-Sideshow157.jpg

Great looking figure, the scarabs crawling up the base are great bit of detail.

Sadly I get only a crappy Stephen Sommers vibe from this piece. They did a great job with the sculpting but any time I see undead + Egyptian/Pharoah stylings + scarabs all I can think about are those stupid Mummy movies.

Sadly I get only a crappy Stephen Sommers vibe from this piece. They did a great job with the sculpting but any time I see undead + Egyptian/Pharoah stylings + scarabs all I can think about are those stupid Mummy movies.

Luckily I have not seen any of those movies, so this figure remains untainted for me. Yay!

I am wondering if Colossus is going to post any of those wonderful detail pix he has, of Cleopsis. Really enjoyed those he posted of the other ladies.... I'd sure like to see detail pix of her, and I know I'm not alone. *HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINT*

fzIRTR0.jpg

Ok, Giger-esque Egyptian demoness? I am SO there.

But what about Death's Siren?!! What if I have to have her too! :panic: 'Cause I am not cancelling Machiko, no matter what. I DONT HAVE ROOM FOR ALL THESE PFs!

I'm gonna need a bigger house.

I think this is the only real reason I push to get more money from my boss for a bigger house for more statues kids can when a scholarship lol

I kinda expected her story to be a little more detailed and wicked....lol but she's still cool. I cant frekin wait to read Xiall's, shes my favorite.

If Im getting one of the COTD statues this one Im getting. I love her design she looks superd :).

Back