1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 253 - Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Strange that one thread was deleted completely...

@greygoose
Holo posted this for pricing in HK

The prices are:

Groot+Rocket, HKD$2200 = $280 USD
Groot only, HKD$1230 = $160 USD
Rocket only, HKD$930 = $120 USD

I still know nothing about these characters but I just can't help being bitter and pissed that HT can make two completely new sculpts for these figures and make this whole team, knowing that two legitimate amazing films in POTA and Xmen are gonna go untouched.. bah.

but for those excited about this film, happy day for you all!

I still know nothing about these characters but I just can't help being bitter and pissed that HT can make two completely new sculpts for these figures and make this whole team, knowing that two legitimate amazing films in POTA and Xmen are gonna go untouched.. bah.

but for those excited about this film, happy day for you all!

The global market, Xmen and POTA aren't that popular in Asia, they seem to be popular every where else but that's it. This is also the Marvel brand and Xmen is with fox, if Xmen were in the Marvel CMU then we'd be getting Xmen figures, but they aren't, so they don't make them.

Rocket is 252
Groot is 253
Both is 254

Thanks.

Also someone else posted this pricing

First retail prices (European market)

Groot: 195 EUR
Rocket: 145 EUR
2-pack: 330 EUR

Not sure which we should use as a reference though

I don't see why Rocket has to be around the €145 mark?! If he came with two head sculpts he may be worth that amount. This is Hot Toys though.

The global market, Xmen and POTA aren't that popular in Asia, they seem to be popular every where else but that's it. This is also the Marvel brand and Xmen is with fox, if Xmen were in the Marvel CMU then we'd be getting Xmen figures, but they aren't, so they don't make them.

hasnt stopped them from releasing 3 sought after wolverine figures, I think weve pretty much established at this point that wasn't the reason, it was Disney licensing problems

I defy anyone who would tell me GOTG are more popular in any corner of the world than Xmen, in fact.

POTA was kind of a sleeper hit, but was, imo, by far the best film of the year. Still hoping someone jumps on it.

dont wanna veer things off topic or take away from anyones excitment over these though, so ill shut up now haha

I can't wait to see the final pricing though...

The luxury that Hot Toys has with this line is the fact that collectors will want to get all five characters to display together. They could easily price them lower to encourage people to buy more than they were planning too but Hot Toys knows that collectors are willing to pay the high prices regardless. :gah:

I really like the bases that come with these figures. They're going to look great together.

If that $280.00 is true I might be tempted. I love Groot and Rocket looks great when you put them together. I want to see Star Lord though, that's the deal breaker. I really hope that this movie does well. It could really bode well for a whole boat load of other properties.

I'm with you Chili. I need me some 1/6 adult Ceaser! There was a dope custom in eBay during the week. Looked phenomenal. X-Men def need som 1/6 love too, but I'm amped for GotG. Have my IMAX tickets all ready to go and waiting to
snatch everything HT throws at us up....as long as price isn't too rapey.

If that $280.00 is true I might be tempted. I love Groot and Rocket looks great when you put them together. I want to see Star Lord though, that's the deal breaker. I really hope that this movie does well. It could really bode well for a whole boat load of other properties.

Me too! But it seems a bit optimistic

Back