Hot Toys ED-209 MMS204 *RUBBER DETERIORATION* Discussion/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't used anything at all on mine because every time someone suggests something to apply on the dome someone else comes in and says ''DON'T DO IT!! YOU'LL KILL US ALL!!!'', which frightens me.

I will therefore wait for the custom dome, hopefully it'll be easy to put on. Meantime, whatever happens, happens.

Just returned this turd back to sideshow..... Lost 60 bucks in shipping to and from my home...... I waited 3 years for Ed...... Because hot toys seems to act like it's no big deal to screw over collectors time and time again I've made the decision to cut back on there items dramatically...... Thanks sideshow for helping my wallet.

Yes I have also cut back on any Hot Toys because of this - especially any that have rubber! : Batman Armory CANCELLED.

My turret rubber is rotting, but everything else is fine. Applied 303 a few weeks ago just in case.

This is all anecdotal evidence. Fools.

The guy who posted that crap on Facebook about anecdotal evidence really struck a cord with me. I normally don't take idiocy on the internet to heart, but it's always especially funny to me when people try to dismiss or assert speculation using intellectual terms like anecdotal evidence. Terms like this really hold no relevance to our hobby IMO. Empirical data is all most impossible in our hobby since most of these collectibles are produced in China and the consumers are spread thinly a crossed many nations, and thinned out even further since only a few actually post on these forums. So it's all anecdotal evidence really.

Idk I guess in a sick way I just really enjoy laughing at people that pretend to be superior in intelligence who in fact succeed only in solidifying their ignorance.

Sideshow's "best seller" section means "**** we can't sell", btw.

Pretty much, I've always found those choice of words to be pretty humorous.

The guy who posted that crap on Facebook about anecdotal evidence really struck a cord with me. I normally don't take idiocy on the internet to heart, but it's always especially funny to me when people try to dismiss or assert speculation using intellectual terms like anecdotal evidence. Terms like this really hold no relevance to our hobby IMO. Empirical data is all most impossible in our hobby since most of these collectibles are produced in China and the consumers are spread thinly a crossed many nations, and thinned out even further since only a few actually post on these forums. So it's all anecdotal evidence really.

Idk I guess in a sick way I just really enjoy laughing at people that pretend to be superior in intelligence who in fact succeed only in solidifying their ignorance.

You sir have earned 1 rep point! :clap

Shoot, it might be too late. I ordered a while back from secret compass with a 25% coupon but wasn't around to open it up and check it out due to work. Is it really bad like the first release?

I also ordered from Secret Compass. Opened it a total 3 times. Mines still in great condition. Maybe Secret Compass had good batch of Ed's?

It's mere anecdotal evidence until it happens to you, then it's a disaster and someone should have done something about this travesty.

A quick question to anyone who used the modge podge for their ED's, I just bought it, but how did you apply it? with your fingers or with a brush? Any other things I need to consider before applying?

A quick question to anyone who used the modge podge for their ED's, I just bought it, but how did you apply it? with your fingers or with a brush? Any other things I need to consider before applying?
Check out youtube. I've googled it since learning about it last night, seems like brush application is a good option. It'll appear white but will dry clear. :wink1:

Apply with a quality 3/4" flat brush. Allow to dry between coats.

Back