Hot Toys ED-209 MMS204 *RUBBER DETERIORATION* Discussion/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have the new ED? i ask this because Ashankl did some dome and MIGHT do some again in the future when he is done with his TMNT project (so dont contact him for that now please) but he does not own the new ED. If the old and new Ed dome dimensions are the same then it will help getting it done faster.

I do not have the new ED and I'm sure as hell not going to buy it now. Funny thing is I was about to Flex Pay him when I saw this thread and said "Eff that!" :lol

Well, just thought it would help to document my experience.....looks like Sideshow did agree to process a return for me, sans the shipping, as with everyone else. :/ Out approximately $40 bucks for this horrible experience? I just don't know what else to say but......*takes deep breath*

SSSIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I know it probably doesn't feel like it, but $40.00 is a bargain to have ED off your plate. I'm considering putting mine on e.Bay for $300.00 and being upfront about why I'm selling, but I can just see it being a huge hassle.

I keep going back and forth between wanting to list it or try and save it w/silicone oil. Damn HT! :cuss

That is absolute B.S. We shouldn't be paying for their ****-ups.

I agree, you guys shouldn't have to pay to ship it back to Sideshow. If I buy something from Amazon and its defective I don't pay to ship it back, they do. They least they could do is give you your shipping costs back as a Sideshow gift card or something so the money is still going to them, if a full refund isn't possible. I bet if Sideshow had to eat the cost on Hot Toys mistakes they would put much more pressure on Hot Toys to up their quality control so something like this doesn't happen again.

I just returned an item to Big Bad Toy Store today because of a Quality Control defect and they gladly sent me a return pre-paid shipping label. That is Customer Service. If Sideshow's policy is to make customers eat crow because both their and Hot Toys QC is non-existent than I won't buy from them directly anymore.

Just checked my ED209 and no cracks so far.
The dome look still shiny wet but the arm and leg joint shine less and kinda look mat/dry.
But ED209 V1 had the same feel on the leg joints so... Dunno... Might get that rubber protector thingie...
I have it since april, reboxed it a month ago.

Im in the same boat Invictus Sol.
I love the figure, its gonna be a real heartbreak when it will start to fall off...
I cant return it back so yeah me too its either keeping it or sell it.
Damn you HOT TOYS!

I just returned an item to Big Bad Toy Store today because of a Quality Control defect and they gladly sent me a return pre-paid shipping label. That is Customer Service. If Sideshow's policy is to make customers eat crow because both their and Hot Toys QC is non-existent than I won't buy from them directly anymore.

How long did you have the item before sending it back to BBTS?

While talking about BBTS, has anyone returned any ED209's to them?

Got the item on Friday, e-mailed them on Saturday, received prompt and courteous customer service response and return shipping label today and it's already on the way back to them (not ED, btw).

Got the item on Friday, e-mailed them on Saturday, received prompt and courteous customer service response and return shipping label today and it's already on the way back to them (not ED, btw).

Well, SSC would've done the same in that time period. I'm by no means defending them (in fact, BBTS has them beat in CS, ALWAYS) but they are offering returns WAY past their return window. Would've been nice, for sure, but I'll take whatever I can take.... Meaning almost $40 in shipping...

They could've easily neglected ANY returns at all based on their policy.

Last edited:
Yeah, it sucks to pay return shipping but I'd love to be out a measly $40.00 instead of $425.00. Also, as you say, fran, SSC could technically refuse to take them back outside of that 30 day window.

I suppose you guys are right in this being the best out......but, again, this being my first SSC/HT purchase, easy and instant way to kill any future I had with them. Bah.

Indeed this was really lousy luck, as the vast majority of HT's/SSC's stuff is great (speaking only in terms of 1:6 in regards to SSC as that's what I collect). Since I got into the hobby two-and-a-half years ago, I haven't had any problems and kind of assumed stuff like this was a thing of the past. You have no idea how much money you've just saved by not becoming addicted to their good releases before they stuck you with one or two bad ones, though. :lol

Sorry for you guys. How can they f#ck it up again? Didnt they learn from the previous ED209?

Sorry for you guys. How can they f#ck it up again? Didnt they learn from the previous ED209?
aren't you a fan of Hot Toys? don't you believe in them even a little?
they DID learn.
now every rubber detail rots, not only the dome - and way faster.
don't you dare accuse them of not caring.

aren't you a fan of Hot Toys? don't you believe in them even a little?
they DID learn.
now every rubber detail rots, not only the dome - and way faster.
don't you dare accuse them of not caring.

GET HIM

simpsons-mob.jpg

Just Kidding. I am no crazy fan. Luckily I did not have many problems with them, except for the horrendus City Hunter 2.0 head.

Back