1/6 Hot Toys Iron Man 3 Workshop accessories set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Iron Man 3 Mark 42 Battle Damaged

The real Hot Rod is based on the Mark 2 Armor, that is just a custom and they used the IP as a starting point.

No, the real Hot Rod has the IP chestplate, it has the star engraved its just not painted. That ^^ picture is cropped from a Dragon prototype figure and isn't accurate

Hot Toys
cxu452z.jpg

This is not a custom, it is a PI prototype
nH5VlHF.jpg

From the Art Book (its faint but the star is there)
6KdQzC6.jpg

And in a still from the film you can see a bit of light reflecting on the top and lower left points of the star
4ETPtbb.gif

No, the real Hot Rod has the IP chestplate, it has the star engraved its just not painted. That ^^ picture is cropped from a Dragon prototype figure and isn't accurate

Hot Toys
cxu452z.jpg

nH5VlHF.jpg

6KdQzC6.jpg

And in a still from the film you can see a bit of light reflecting on the top and lower left points of the star
4ETPtbb.gif

I believe that is what is referred to as "being schooled". Nice.

Hot Toys

How does that work with the time line and premise of how IP came about?

Every reference I find states that Hot Rod is supposed to be the prototype for War Machine 2.

Hot rod was already assembled in the wine cellar before they gave WM2 a new "paint job" and according to the movie, Tony didn't know about IP until he saw it, so why would he put the star chest plate on Hot Rod?

Every reference I find states that Hot Rod is supposed to be the prototype for War Machine 2.

Hot rod was already assembled in the wine cellar before they gave WM2 a new "paint job" and according to the movie, Tony didn't know about IP until he saw it, so why would he put the star chest plate on Hot Rod?

While that will be TECHNICALLY true, in the production of the movie, all the meshes would have had the star on them.
I know what you at saying and it makes more sense, but in the production, it's more likely they just used the same mesh for all three.

Some suits don't work with the timeline, like how blue steel (the silver centurion upgrade) is listed as mark 30 and the actual centurion as mark 33.

Hot rod was already assembled in the wine cellar before they gave WM2 a new "paint job" and according to the movie, Tony didn't know .about IP until he saw it, so why would he put the star chest plate on Hot Rod?

Probably the same reason a big chunk of the Legion are bashes and pallete swaps? It's a movie and despite huge budgets and art departments there is neither the time or money to not reuse stuff at every possible opportunity when said details are on screen for .1 seconds (or not at all)?

But if we want to invent a narrative to explain the details of a made up world, fine- the star chest plate is not painted on IP, it is cast in there. I'd think Tony would have had to have that part made himself, and seems that portion of the redesign must have came well before the Patriot paint job- because judging by the dialogue the new livery was done without Tony's knowledge. Plausible as doesn't make much sense that whoever did do the new paint would bother to deeply engrave the star into sophisticated and expensive metal alloys before painting it. All we know is WM2 came first (Tony surprised Rhodey with it in a comic preview to IM3 or something), but it could have been incrementally changed to add the star along the way before Tony printed up a copy for himself to give a sports car paint job. Sure, why not? We can pretend Rhodey insisted on it as a nod to fellow soldier Steve Rogers, or for the Air Force. Works for me.

........But if we want to invent a narrative to explain the details of a made up world, ......

I'm not inventing anything. Every official reference out there states that Hot Rod is the prototype for War Machine Mark 2.

If Tony had created the star chest plate for the Hot Rod armor why would it not be present on the War Machine Mark 2 armor?

Belgian shop La Cite Des Nuages has it up for pre-order, for 115 euros (about $150)
That's about 50% more than it costs in Hong Kong.

pfff most of this kit is already on ebay in the form of accesories from various previous releases

pfff most of this kit is already on ebay in the form of accesories from various previous releases

yeah everything except the good stuff, which is the reason to buy this kit. also starks workshop had a ton of **** everywhere so its not unreasonable for a larger display

I'm not inventing anything. Every official reference out there states that Hot Rod is the prototype for War Machine Mark 2.

And every official version of Hot Rod shows the star on the chest plate. Its there, whether it makes sense to you narratively or not.

So we can come up with a plausible reason why to explain the practical fact of why they simply reused digital assets in movie making or the fact that some intern probably wrote the copy of what Hot Rod is, or just continue having a conniption about a continuity error.

And every official version of Hot Rod shows the star on the chest plate. Its there, whether it makes sense to you narratively or not.

So we can come up with a plausible reason why to explain the practical fact of why they simply reused digital assets in movie making or the fact that some intern probably wrote the copy of what Hot Rod is, or just continue having a conniption about a continuity error.

Well to me this is a problem because I bought an extra WM2 to do a custom re-paint if Hot Rod isn't released.

I am sure that if Hot Toys does release Hot Rod he will have the Star Chest Plate

So I have to figure out if I want to do a custom Hot Rod using my WM2 that makes sense with the storyline or get buy another IP "in case" Hot Toys doesn't release a Hot Rod.

Even if Hot Toys releases Hot rod the Star Chest Plate will bother me because of the continuity issue.

Well to me this is a problem because I bought an extra WM2 to do a custom re-paint if Hot Rod isn't released.

I am sure that if Hot Toys does release Hot Rod he will have the Star Chest Plate

So I have to figure out if I want to do a custom Hot Rod using my WM2 that makes sense with the storyline or get buy another IP "in case" Hot Toys doesn't release a Hot Rod.

Even if Hot Toys releases Hot rod the Star Chest Plate will bother me because of the continuity issue.

they will release a Hot Rod, i guarantee it

Back