1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are my new least favourite poster.

Pixel, sorry mate. Hand back the crown.

Well, here's my least favourite poster...

6_gao_xing.jpg

Crown in place and ready to rule.

You'd have a head that wasn't slightly smushed sculpt-wise to accomodate a helmet over it for starters. Heads that are designed for hats or helmets nearly always have that "hat hair" look and tweaked ears, I'm assuming even with this new-fangled clamshell space-age technology.

And... well... you'd have two heads plus an extra helmet. Hel-loo!

Look, no smushy smush:

903_T1000.jpg

And Luke would probably have interchangeable hair. Because hair was bigger in the '70s. Except in THX 1138.

This thread is a bit of a break as I'm tending to crying babies on and off the forum today. ;) My son has a cold and is being quite insufferable - but he's still super cute, which I suppose is all part of toddler engineering.

This thread is a bit of a break as I'm tending to crying babies on and off the forum today. ;) My son has a cold and is being quite insufferable - but he's still super cute, which I suppose is all part of toddler engineering.

It is the only reason we don't strangle them pal. (kidding of course) Hang in there, you know its worth it.

From looking at him up close on the floor, I would be really surprised if that helmet came off. With the chin strap, mic, and what not, it looks like it is on to stay, the gold goggles might flip up or a blast shield flip down but I would suspect if they do an unhelmeted head it would be similar to the Hoth releases and made the exclusive. I don't mind the separate heads as long as they include a separate helmet for him to hold while Han wishes him good luck.

At the SW collectibles panel SSC only showed the same promo shot from the film as we got online and told us to go look at them at the booth but did not elaborate on Luke or the TIE pilot at all.

From looking at him up close on the floor, I would be really surprised if that helmet came off. With the chin strap, mic, and what not, it looks like it is on to stay, the gold goggles might flip up or a blast shield flip down but I would suspect if they do an unhelmeted head it would be similar to the Hoth releases and made the exclusive. I don't mind the separate heads as long as they include a separate helmet for him to hold while Han wishes him good luck.

At the SW collectibles panel SSC only showed the same promo shot from the film as we got online and told us to go look at them at the booth but did not elaborate on Luke or the TIE pilot at all.

Well, I also wonder how well detailed the X-Wing helmet interior could be if it "clamshells" up next to a head. The T-1000's helmet is never really displayed with that character off the head, but Luke you'd want to display him holding the helmet and have some detail inside there, not just a wafer thin/blank plastic interior so it can fit over full-sculpt (i.e. 70's style) hair.

That was the point of the two Vader helmets - to see all that great detail the prop-makers put in there for when the helmet is off. Luke's helmet is seen off in the movies so should have interior detail and I'm just not sure you can do that properly with the clamshell idea.

Very creative. Interested to see how that turns out.

Would have been nice if they had more info at the darn panel, they really didn't have tons to say. Good news is in the Q&A they confirmed Stormtroopers and Bounty Hunters will get some more attention in the future.

Back