XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO folks should enjoy the XM WIP process pictures, cautiously listen to news regarding XM products, actively solicit information from forum members who actually own XM products, and try to make the best possible decision in regards to purchasing XM products.
I don't disagree, for better or worse, with anything you wrote. I don't bother posting much, for a variety for reasons, but appreciate an intelligent, well-written response. The portion I quoted above, I think, is sage advice for all collectors. Thanks, traylorc. By the way, Black Adam is my favorite, and most desired DC villain PF. Good taste, there.

That is something that has been nagging at me for some time. I have already put in my deposits for a couple of XM's pieces, so I am serious about owning some of their works and seeing them succeed.

My problem has been with the apparent proliferation of actual XM "insiders," or, worse yet, "insider wannabes" who have no official connection with XM Studios but seem to have no filters when it comes to divulging information which may or may not be appropriate for sharing with the collecting community at a certain point. Rampant speculation can all too often turn into baseless rumor which isn't a good thing. I am not associated with XM but, if it were my company, I would be very careful about who is told what, and where it is acceptable to share that information. I would hate to see over anxious hangers-on, with no real intention of laying down hard-earned cash for their products, irritate the XM guys, or even cause them some grief because something that was supposed to remain under wraps is let out too early for the community to openly discuss.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the WIP pics and am grateful for a company which affords us collectors some early peaks into their processes, as well as listening to suggestions. I do think it would be wise, though, to respect XM as a growing business, and treat it as such. For us, XM is another opportunity to pick up some high quality collectibles. For them, it is their livelihoods.

Ryan

Well, everything you said in and of itself if right on the money. The thing is....there are a few people here that are in the know much more than the rest. There are certain avenues of information that are divulged. However, it must also be said that there is lot of information that is to be kept confidential and is never divulged on this or any other forum. So, while you may be right in a general sense....this is not the case in this situation.

Just FYI...FEI.

I think if it makes it to the forums, it's probably not all that hush hush. Anything that XM truly wants to keep under wraps they wouldn't even tell a lot of the "insiders" they deal with on a day to day basis. Even the guys on the boards who help US collectors get these XM pieces know what to share and what not to share. I think the only danger is that information can get misinterpreted. Like, is this Thor "scrapped" or just getting "tweaked"?

They have a very rough an sloppy look about them. I think it's part the texture and part the paint. I've not seen one in person so that may change as I've already got money in two statues from XM.

I just don't see the real quality of some customs I have and some SS pieces I have. You mention the Ironman, you surely can't be talking about this one are you ? - https://www.xm-studios.com/iron-man-mark-xlii.aspx

That's not very good, not only does it not look like him, the paint is questionable and that texture I mentioned, it's very rough. I see the same style of HS on all of their pieces, it's hard to put a finger on it, but they all have exactly the same problems. Maybe it's just my eye's though but they don't look as finished as other companies. The design, pose and feel of their statue's is very good - as good if not better than anyone, but I've still got reservations over their paint and sculpts. Hopefully that changes.

I think it your opinion will drastically change. What you don't see in most cases is the subtle shading in the faces. The details inside the mouth. The crispness and textures of the paint details. So until you get your first one....it's fair you have that opinion.

As far as the Iron Man...yes that is the exact one I am referring to...when comparing to the SS IM MK42 maskless RDJr. There is just no contest. Actually...some new pics were just put up several days ago...although granted I am not sure if that is from recent in hand pics or earlier pics from the shows the IM was present.

In any case, if you have got reservations of XMs paint and sculpts and everyone vouches for it....then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not sure if you are talking specifically headsculpt or whole statue here? I tell you one thing...when you feel the solidness of the statue and see the tightness of the sculpt, not to mention the crispness of the paint apps...you will soon realize these are special statues. It just feels better....feels more whole...that's about the most honest way I can say it. Well, you will see soon enough. IF you don't like it...then you don't like it. XM is not for everyone....and certainly not for everyone's pockets. :lol

Also, I think you will agree that every company has hits and misses on headsculpts....everyone.
2exlgtj.jpg

Nobody I don't think has ever said this head sculpt is 100% perfect...but there is no way this is not a great headsculpt. Look at how the skin almost has a translucent resin type look.

t6xok4.jpg

14wvlvr.jpg

w9uog5.jpg

Last edited:
Sosa shared it HIMSELF over at SF in the Thor thread. I have shared anything that wasn't already public.

Trust me guys we are listening, this company listens.
So I am in charge of tweaking things from the ground up, don't fret we got your back, gonna bring out my rusty waxer with this puppy :)
And some digital tools too, you'll see :)
Your opinion is what matters to XM, trust me in the few weeks that I've known them it seems all that matters to them is quality, passion, and the feedback from fans, everything else is a byproduct of those things. I've never had such an experience in my career before in all honesty.
Glad we are teaming up to bring you awesome stuff !

This^^ in the SF Thor thread. :wave

It was the scrapped post that threw me off.

they are telling you stuff in confidence spidey, not is a rude way, but why?? They should just be telling the few people who can get pictures and take pre-orders, everybody else is just a fan imho.

Oh and just so we are clear if Sosa himself posts it it is public. I haven't shared anything I have been told in confidence.

Your post didn't throw me off as I had read the Sosa post that you got the tweaking info from. It was the post after yours saying it was scrapped and Sosa was taking over. There was never any info from XM on scrapping and starting over and that post implied that it was some secret news.

I don't disagree, for better or worse, with anything you wrote. I don't bother posting much, for a variety for reasons, but appreciate an intelligent, well-written response. The portion I quoted above, I think, is sage advice for all collectors. Thanks, traylorc. By the way, Black Adam is my favorite, and most desired DC villain PF. Good taste, there.

I appreciate the kind words...I thought you presented many valid points in your post. By the way...I am right there with you regarding Black Adam being my most desired DC villain. Great minds think alike my friend.... :yess:

Alright just catching up in here. First and foremost my apologies. I wasn't trying to "call" anyone out or at least thats not what my intentions were. I'm actually friends with both Spidey and Raging. Meaning I chat with them through multiple social websites. Both are good guys. I did not know that Sosa had made that comment on the statue forum board. Tastefully I should have just sent a PM to the two of you guys as opposed to assuming and quoting your posts. Just know that my intentions were coming from a good place. I didn't just start getting into XM recently. I've been a fan and loyal supporter of XM from the moment the first cap pictures started surfacing. I for one enjoy getting the WIP pictures as well as other updates via the web. When I initally looked at the situation as a whole, it angered me slightly, thinking that projects may be kept much more confidential as a result of the information being leaked per say. That would have been a loss for everyone that follows XM and their upcoming projects. Don't take offense guys. I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from

I think it your opinion will drastically change. What you don't see in most cases is the subtle shading in the faces. The details inside the mouth. The crispness and textures of the paint details. So until you get your first one....it's fair you have that opinion.

As far as the Iron Man...yes that is the exact one I am referring to...when comparing to the SS IM MK42 maskless RDJr. There is just no contest. Actually...some new pics were just put up several days ago...although granted I am not sure if that is from recent in hand pics or earlier pics from the shows the IM was present.

In any case, if you have got reservations of XMs paint and sculpts and everyone vouches for it....then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not sure if you are talking specifically headsculpt or whole statue here? I tell you one thing...when you feel the solidness of the statue and see the tightness of the sculpt, not to mention the crispness of the paint apps...you will soon realize these are special statues. It just feels better....feels more whole...that's about the most honest way I can say it. Well, you will see soon enough. IF you don't like it...then you don't like it. XM is not for everyone....and certainly not for everyone's pockets. :lol

Also, I think you will agree that every company has hits and misses on headsculpts....everyone.
2exlgtj.jpg

Nobody I don't think has ever said this head sculpt is 100% perfect...but there is no way this is not a great headsculpt. Look at how the skin almost has a translucent resin type look.

t6xok4.jpg

14wvlvr.jpg

w9uog5.jpg

Agreed. That looks so much better now than it does on their site with the initial product photos.

That is something that has been nagging at me for some time. I have already put in my deposits for a couple of XM's pieces, so I am serious about owning some of their works and seeing them succeed.

My problem has been with the apparent proliferation of actual XM "insiders," or, worse yet, "insider wannabes" who have no official connection with XM Studios but seem to have no filters when it comes to divulging information which may or may not be appropriate for sharing with the collecting community at a certain point. Rampant speculation can all too often turn into baseless rumor which isn't a good thing. I am not associated with XM but, if it were my company, I would be very careful about who is told what, and where it is acceptable to share that information. I would hate to see over anxious hangers-on, with no real intention of laying down hard-earned cash for their products, irritate the XM guys, or even cause them some grief because something that was supposed to remain under wraps is let out too early for the community to openly discuss.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the WIP pics and am grateful for a company which affords us collectors some early peaks into their processes, as well as listening to suggestions. I do think it would be wise, though, to respect XM as a growing business, and treat it as such. For us, XM is another opportunity to pick up some high quality collectibles. For them, it is their livelihoods.

Ryan

Completely agree, great post.

"Insider wanna be's" :lol

The man still makes the point though, there's folk on this site that just like the forum and the interaction, they don't actually buy this stuff. It's a good post with lots of valid points.

they are telling you stuff in confidence spidey, not is a rude way, but why?? They should just be telling the few people who can get pictures and take pre-orders, everybody else is just a fan imho.

There are things that I could respond to in here, but I am going to instead just speak from my point of view of an artist, which first and foremost the guys at XM are. I know that they share their work because they are ****ing excited about, it is an artist thing. You do something AWESOME and you want to jump up and down and show people your work. Now, I am sure they share things with those who need to know and they get excited, and that they probably share some with others who because of it. Heck they themselves hint like crazy on FB in the comments sections of posts. Now, have I heard thing, yes, but very little, and mainly because I pick up hints and listen carefully, and on occasion ask the right questions at the right time. However, I don't share things told to me in confidence. Artists don't risk the livelihoods of other artists that way. I have known about major product launches from billion companies, and never spilled the beans. You don't do that, you don't risk the livelihoods of those you respect. Will I add to some of the hype, well, I know where to throw the lighter fluid and only use already public info when I do. If you don't like the fact that I know things, well you can get super pissed at a lot of other guys here because A) if Thor has been totally scrapped I read it HERE first, i just heard Sosa was tweaking it and B) they know a lot more than I do.

Alright just catching up in here. First and foremost my apologies. I wasn't trying to "call" anyone out or at least thats not what my intentions were. I'm actually friends with both Spidey and Raging. Meaning I chat with them through multiple social websites. Both are good guys. I did not know that Sosa had made that comment on the statue forum board. Tastefully I should have just sent a PM to the two of you guys as opposed to assuming and quoting your posts. Just know that my intentions were coming from a good place. I didn't just start getting into XM recently. I've been a fan and loyal supporter of XM from the moment the first cap pictures started surfacing. I for one enjoy getting the WIP pictures as well as other updates via the web. When I initally looked at the situation as a whole, it angered me slightly, thinking that projects may be kept much more confidential as a result of the information being leaked per say. That would have been a loss for everyone that follows XM and their upcoming projects. Don't take offense guys. I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from

Sir I take your apology at face value. I only know Sosa is tweaking things, as he publicly stated, I have no idea if things are scrapped. If that is the case it is news to me.

What is the situation:)? What is the secret which is spread on public by whom? Who cares:)? What is the benefit of knowing too much than the others? I don't care:) I only care if I can purchase these awesome XM products or not:)

Back