XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is looking great! I agree the helmet needs work. I still love my classic SSC Thor so imma pass but really lovin all the XM pieces comin down the pipe!

Loving XM's stuff but they can't do a headsculpt to save themselves. SS still got them well beat.

XM got them beat on Hawkeye and the IM MK 42...that's for darn sure! I feel they have the best Hulk face as well...but that is opinion...just like your opinion of XM not being able to do a headsculpt. What you should in fact be saying, is that every artist that makes statues for them (i.e. Tony Cipriano, Mufizal, •Ioannis Karathomas, Suheryanto Hatmaja, and •Alejandro Pereira Ezcurra) don't know how to do headsculpts.:thwak

I will take the Black Widow XM headsculpts (both short hair and redone long hair) over the SS Black Widow any day.

But hey, this is all subjective. I for one like the headsculpts and have no problem with them. That's just me.

I haven't seen this posted anywhere on SSF...but here is a direct quote from Erick Sosa on SF in the Thor thread.

"Trust me guys we are listening, this company listens.
So I am in charge of tweaking things from the ground up, don't fret we got your back, gonna bring out my rusty waxer with this puppy
And some digital tools too, you'll see
Your opinion is what matters to XM, trust me in the few weeks that I've known them it seems all that matters to them is quality, passion, and the feedback from fans, everything else is a byproduct of those things. I've never had such an experience in my career before in all honesty.
Glad we are teaming up to bring you awesome stuff !"

Congrats to everyone who is looking forward to this piece. This is a rare XM miss for me personally. I know peeps have been saying that the helmet needs to be lowered (I agree), but I am honestly not feeling the face at all. This happened with the XM Hulk for me and it's the same feeling I have when I look at this Thor portrait. I'm just not feeling it on any level. When a face portrait is off, I tend to pass on a piece because it just doesn't work for me personally. We all know XM isn't afraid to make changes though...so, maybe the final verdict on this piece needs to be held off until then.

Yes, the headsculpt is missing something, just not Thor I envision.

There's going to be some exciting news about XM's Thor soon guys. I would love to say what it is but I don't think I'm allowed to so I'm having to bite my lip.

There's going to be some exciting news about XM's Thor soon guys. I would love to say what it is but I don't think I'm allowed to so I'm having to bite my lip.

I believe what you are biting ya lip on maybe something kayorzz hinted at? Hehe

You must feel like this. :rotfl

Gremlin-Goes-Crazy-For-Water-After-12.gif

Back