Darth Vader Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I've read Lucasfilm and Disney are really pushing for all items that are for sale this year or are being put into development to either be from Return of the Jedi or the new Rebels TV show. They are trying to maximize their profits on Episode VII and they are gearing fans up for the new movie by selling items from the movie that will be closest to it. Thats why we've seen the prequel/Clone Wars merchandise completely die off and not really that much stuff from ANH or ESB.
Thankfully ROTJ is my all time favorite of the Six films. Bring on the Jedi Luke 1/6th/PF and the ROTJ Fett. Also Lando and Slave Leia

I'm ok with this current focus on ROTJ, I'm a mainly OT collector so I'm gonna try and snap up what I can while I can before the onslaught of E7 products that will be pumped out and forced upon us

You can count on them re-releasing Episode VI at the theaters for the 4th time just before the premier of Episode VII. :)

I don't know if they will be able to bring the original trilogy back to the theater before VII or not. Fox still owns the rights to I, II, III, V and VI through May 2020 and the rights to IV indefinitely. Thats why the remaining originally planned 3D re-releases were scrapped once it was announced Disney bought Lucasfilm. Its going to be very difficult from this point forward to release a new complete 6 film box set unless Disney and Fox learn to play nice over the distribution rights after 2020 rolls around.

Thankfully ROTJ is my all time favorite of the Six films. Bring on the Jedi Luke 1/6th/PF and the ROTJ Fett. Also Lando and Slave Leia

I'd be up for a Jedi Luke PF that used a pose other than 'busted tip toeing to the fridge in the middle of the night for the last piece of cake'. :)

Hopefully they remaster and screen the non ****ed up version. Then put it on blu ray.

Glad I have the memories from seeing it in 1977 and can pop in the OT non ****ed up versions on laserdisc. Yes I have a laserdisc player and bought it exclusively to get the OT unedited POS versions Lucas released. Nice to see Han shoot first and no CGI Jabba or Hayden at the end of Jedi. I yelled NOOOOOOOOO the first and last time I saw it on dvd and never watched it again (and will not)!

The Blu ray set also gives you the option i think

Sent from the Cack Pit of the Millenium Falcon

The Blu ray set also gives you the option i think

No, the "bonus discs" of the OOT are not included in the Blu-ray set. Honestly, if you want to see the best version of the unaltered films you just need to read the thread in this section about Harmy's Despecialized Editions. ;)

There are DVD released of the theatrical versions IIRC.

They are copies of crappy transfers from laserdisc and are pan and scan, not widescreen versions. I have the faces version. The DVD release are very poor transfers. That is why I searched for the laserdisc to get the best version that is available. I did my research and for what I payed for laserdisc player and OT movies is still cheaper than the over priced secondary market prices the dvd's are going for now.

No, the "bonus discs" of the OOT are not included in the Blu-ray set. Honestly, if you want to see the best version of the unaltered films you just need to read the thread in this section about Harmy's Despecialized Editions. ;)
Thanks man, I never actually checked mine, just assumed. Lol and in the Blu ray version Han does shoot first Lol. Just the scream, and Anakin (Christenson) at the end is what bugs me really. Everything else I can deal with
They are copies of crappy transfers from laserdisc and are pan and scan, not widescreen versions. I have the faces version. The DVD release are very poor transfers. That is why I searched for the laserdisc to get the best version that is available. I did my research and for what I payed for laserdisc player and OT movies is still cheaper than the over priced secondary market prices the dvd's are going for now.

Wow these things are like a rare collector's item of their own. Should track it down before it becomes even rarer. Lol now to find the more elusive laserdisc player j/k

Yeah, I would be surprised if Sideshow did not use Vader as the excuse to bump up the LSF base price to $2250 or $2500.
Totally foreseeable. They bumped the 1/6th scale as well as the original PF from the standard prices back then.

Hopefully they remaster and screen the non ****ed up version. Then put it on blu ray.

Yeah, I can't believe they haven't done this yet...

This will be over 2K!

Wouldn't bet on it, most people are already turned off by the 2k price, especially given the un"limited" nature of these. Obi has currently sold about zero pieces it seems. I suspect SS will keep even Vader at the set price. I hope so anyway.

Back