Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grabbed a few pics, too. Here ya go:

060.jpg

061.jpg

063.jpg

A remote to turn on all lights for a 1/6 display would be so awesome, but just for 3PO would be a great start. Will explore once it comes out. Curious about the touch sensor R2 has.

But it's nothing like the Medicomm dolls where 3PO was already on the short side (11"), but then R2 was too short/thin even for him.

The SSC proportional heights are going to be easily fixed. Had it been a 1/2"+ discrepancy (which I had read in earlier posts) then it would have been a problem - that's R2 on an apple box. But (if you think it's needed in-hand, which you may not) some subtle 1/8" or so lifts will do the trick.

But I shouldn't have to provide 1/8" lifts. I want both my Artoo and Threepio to stand together and be the correct height. I'm glad a Japanese company can do it on a ****** clock.

Thanks for posting Rubio. If those wires are actually painted, then they look fine to me. And the more I see of the finish the more I'm convinced that the underlying shininess is well rendered. I paid over $300 shipped for the Tama. I can definitely accept this for sub-$200 or thereabouts.

But I shouldn't have to provide 1/8" lifts. I want both my Artoo and Threepio to stand together and be the correct height. I'm glad a Japanese company can do it on a ****** clock.

I'm not worried about it, I could never notice 1/8" difference on anything sitting behind glass on my shelf. 1/4" probably depending on how it's posed, 1/2" or more sure but not 1/8" but thats just me.

Here are a couple of picks I was able to take a little bit ago for y'all! Hope these help!

These look Sweet I am supper happy look forward to making these mine. Hopefully sideshow will release 3po sometime soon after R2. Are they giving him any extra's?

Here are a couple of picks I was able to take a little bit ago for y'all! Hope these help!

Thank you so much for doing this! You guys do a great job and don't get enough credit!

I think overall he looks awesome!

Honestly I think many of the hypercritical fan boys (or girls) on these forums who live their lives by protractors really sacrifice just the pure pleasure of the art form. If it doesn't meet your expectations of perfection.....please do yourselves a favor and don't throw away your money and spend it on something you do like. I feel sorry for those of you who can't just sit back and enjoy a fine looking collectible. Good job Sideshow!

I agree - especially at the prices these dolls are - but for some reason it didn't quite work out (by a margin of a few millimeters.)

The SSC Vader height issue twice in a row is something that shouldn't happen, but this is within an acceptable range, especially when there doesn't seem to be an official consensus on R2's height.

The two most "reliable" are wookiepedia listing 0.96m (equates to Hasbro R2 height) and starwars.com 1.06m (equates to Japanese clock height.) Sideshow equates to 1.03m, so maybe they averaged them. Screenshots can be tough to judge due to lens, not standing in exact same plane/level etc.

Honestly I think many of the hypercritical fan boys (or girls) on these forums who live their lives by protractors!

The generalizing and hyperbole isn't going to help anyone. Many people here earn their living as designers and producing artistic works themselves, including people who may be critical of issues such as character scale.

The generalizing and hyperbole isn't going to help anyone. Many people here earn their living as designers and producing artistic works themselves, including people who may be critical of issues such as character scale.

I'd suggest that anyone who earns their living as a designer or artist would appreciate that 3mm is nothing to get one's knickers in a twist about.

In principle, the respective height of the droids in relation to one another should be spot on. In practice, that degree of accuracy can add weeks and thousands of dollars to the production schedule. Maybe it was laziness on the part of the designers, who knows, but I'm inclined to be a bit more generous towards SS on this occasion.

3mm at 1/6 scale. FFS :lol

3mm at 1/6 scale. FFS :lol

To be fair we have no idea how much it's off by, since we don't know if the measurements on SS's site are accurate (other figures aren't all), nor how tall the 3PO figure is. The photo posted looks acceptable to me, it might not be for everyone.

They look fine to me. The top of Artoo lines up with the bottom of the disc on Threepio's torso.

As already mentioned Artoo doesn't have wheels, which makes him taller in some photos.

To be fair we have no idea how much it's off by, since we don't know if the measurements on SS's site are accurate (other figures aren't all), nor how tall the 3PO figure is. The photo posted looks acceptable to me, it might not be for everyone.

+1 for this.

I like that this C-3PO is dirtier looking than Tamashii 3PO- his surface detail pops.
I'd love a version with the dent in his head too.

I think I'll keep my Tamashii as a standalone 'Oscar statue' version.

I think your monitor might be crooked. ;)

It absoutely does line up with the bottom disc of 3PO's torso. At least to within 3mm anyway :)

The only variable would be the additional height that might result from 3PO's legs being brought closer together.

It absoutely does line up with the bottom disc of 3PO's torso. At least to within 3mm anyway :)

If it did, then it wouldn't be undersized, it would be perfect. Your monitor might also be crooked. ;)

Anyone planning on filling these guys up with some ballast to add some heft?

The pics Alex took really do make this SS Threepio look better than the Tamashii in terms of detail. And its very well proportioned. Not saying its better, guys, don't start. Just sayin', in that pic...

Back