Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For all we know, perhaps the legs are super posable and making them come together is no issue.:lol

Have to see more to comment:)

Maybe this earlier image could best help with judging scale between R2 and 3PO. I think we are quite safe. image.jpg

did a little photo compare thing.... references noted... I like... it ain't 100% perfect, but pretty darned close....
View attachment 122727

How I seriously feel about the matter.
With so much wonderfully work from Sideshow that we have seen over the years.
I have full confidence that they have the ability to make this perfect. We are not even talking about a human head sculpt here.
Why should they allow Hot Toys the room to make a better 3PO one day.

Scale looks fine and all the little differences/nuances are trivial to me. Its a great looking figure and I will be replacing my Medicom 3P0 with this one. I think SSC did a fantastic job!

Scale looks fine and all the little differences/nuances are trivial to me. Its a great looking figure and I will be replacing my Medicom 3P0 with this one. I think SSC did a fantastic job!

The differences don't bother me like they bother some either, and I think I'll be picking this up - but I certainly wouldn't say that SSC did a fantastic job.

I'm a SW fan but no way an expert in the minutest of details of each costume/design. It looks good to me, but if those who could judge the proto better says so then I hope further revisions will be made.

I'm getting this though, the Diecast C3PO was too expensive for my budget.

but it isn't hard to see that HT will be doing a 3PO, a Vader, a Stormtrooper, a Han, a Leia as they're all directly or indirectly a part of the NEW SEQUELS.

Good point.

This Threepio looks alright, I'm unsure about the paint finish but I'll wait until I see better pics. the Tamashii paint didn't look good the first time it was shown either.

Last edited:
And who noticed all of the details that OCD has allowed people to analyze to death as adults, using screencaps and archival footage? Can you imagine being that kid growing up? The horror...the horror...

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away we were happy with our 12" C-3POs...

12in-c3po-front.jpg

(I did, however, sell all my vintage 12" last year).

I had the 12" 3PO and R2 a couple years before seeing Star Wars in 1980. They went well with my Megos at the time.

I had the 12" 3PO and R2 a couple years before seeing Star Wars in 1980. They went well with my Megos at the time.

There was great excitement one day in school when a kid brought in his 12" R2 with Death Star Plans. A crowd gathered round him in he playground to marvel at it!

Back