Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ANH Han, Luke, Leia. Bespin Han, Hoth Leia. ROTJ Luke. Chewbacca (if Sideshow doesn't try, or if theirs is insufficient).

That's pretty much it.

So this is a finished figure?

That is the finished figure. He is missing some accessories though that will be revealed once he's up for Pre-Order.

-SideshowAlex

Maybe the mouth opening being to high close to the "nose" that makes him appear to have a long jaw or the mouth is too thin. This is just a 2 second observation. And if I can pick it up that fast. Then something wrong with the head sculpt. Fortunately, it still a prototype. I hope Sideshow will rectify this.
Yeah, I did notice that in that initial photo.

I'll wait fir the HT C-3p0 die cast version, hahah! (Who knows it might happen...)

Is his head undersized? I don't like the paintjob in these pics. I'll get one for my jabba display, but it looks like he's gonna need some work. Tamashii wins (for now)

Best,

Robert

For me, between this, the Scout Trooper, TIE Pilot and Luke ANH X-Wing Pilot, C-3PO is the clear winner.

Think I can do without un-named Imperials, and I'd rather have an ESB Pilot Luke.

sdcc2014_sideshow_107.jpg

sdcc2014_sideshow_108.jpg

https://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2014/sdcc2014_sideshow_hottoys_bottom.htm

He looks a bit cartoony. Wires look real, but face is off. Isn't he supposed to have a indented right chest plate too?

He looks a bit cartoony. Wires look real, but face is off. Isn't he supposed to have a indented right chest plate too?

Nah not strictly speaking, the dent appears when luke is ambushed by the Tuskin Raiders, plus it gets fixed at the end of the film when he's all polished up.

Yeh, the finish on the Tama looked rubbish in a lot of the show pics too. Show lighting = piss poor photography lighting. It's the weathered finish that has me wanting to pick this up to pair with R2 instead of the Tama.

Something looks weird to me with the thighs, but I am still going to get this! There also seems to be something off with the size of the shoulder pieces.

I will use my Tamashii 3po and repainted Taito R2 for the clean versions and sideshows for the more detailed battle damaged look. I am excited for this!

It does look like the pistons would slide along those rails... but is that how they worked on the backside of his arms? I'm not sure I ever paid attention now. If the inner pistons work, they did an amazing job.

Yeah, looking at it more (which might just be wishful thinking) it does look like they might be separate pieces for the pistons... and even the bracket for the back right piston looks like it's an actual hinge, not just a solid sculpted piece. Gotta say, if they actually pulled of the pistons and they are that tiny my hat is off to them.

Can't tell if the wires are separate, but even if they are it still looks good to me.

Back