Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you see any grooves in his arms? Unless the mechanism for movement is missting, it would look like the piston would just slid in and out of the housing and maybe the housing articulates a bit as well to allow it to move. If that's all true it will be pretty damn impressive.

There are rails along his forearm in which it could slide if the piston itself doesn't telescope.

More nice pictures. Things are looking better. Though, I do like the ballooned version better.

No, I know, and it was appreciated, but its still unclear what part is sliding. Do the tubes on the pistons actually slide in and out of one another (telescoping action)? Or do the fixed pistons slide along the rail on the sides of the arms?

It is a telescoping type motion on the prototype.

At the end of the day someone's going to come out and say it. The Tama has this beat in weight and price. And they'll be right. By all that is holy, they'll be right, and there's not a thing we can do about it, but suck it up.

After seeing the pics posted from the con by the sideshow rep, i have no issue with the size of either figure. Having a background in joinery for over ten years and being used to working to the millimetre, sideshow's effort on both r2 and 3po are impressive. I learnt a long time ago that perfection is out of reach for most things in life, so they are close enough for me.
I plan to display them apart anyway, using 3po in my boussh/ jabba scene with his arms raised and r2 in the background or serving drinks.
Just happy i can replace the hasbro one i'm using from that book package.

It is a telescoping type motion on the prototype.

Thanks so much for more info, but I'm slightly confused. Looking at the closer-up pics, it just doesn't look like there could be a telescoping motion (i.e. a rod that moves back and forth within a tube, so two pieces) because the "piston" looks like a single molded piece.

Simply judging from the pics, it appears there is a pivot joint at each end of a solid molded "piston." And at the lower end, it slides in a channel and this would provide some limited bending ability in the arm, as CAhobbit originally stated.

CAhobbit, the piston just doesn't look wide enough for there to any telescoping motion - are you sure the piston itself is two parts (rod and tube)? Also, is the "on the prototype" you mention mean it may not be on the production item?

At the end of the day someone's going to come out and say it. The Tama has this beat in weight and price. And they'll be right. By all that is holy, they'll be right, and there's not a thing we can do about it, but suck it up.

We are a long way from the end of the day!

image.jpg

The guy at the back just can't help but salute the awesome-ness of this pair! :lol

Too funny:rotfl

Can't believe this thread does not have any images with scrawled writing on them. Fixed.

pistonps.jpg

This how it appears to work to my eye - the lower pivot slides in that raised channel, "piston" is one piece (i.e. silver rod DOESN'T slide back and forth into bumpy gold part.)

The "piston" just looks too thin to telescope - but if it does, it is an amazing piece of engineering, and major credit to SSC for pulling it off.

(and the image I uploaded was huge to see the piston clearly, but after upload it's a postage stamp...:slap)

Can't believe this thread does not have any images with scrawled writing on them. Fixed.

View attachment 123714

This how it appears to work to my eye. That piston just looks too thin to telescope - but if it does, it is an amazing piece of engineering.

Good picture, but Alex said clearly that the piston telescopes. Can't be more clear than that. They have to deliver that now. :)

I'm sure one of the photoshop wizards on here could visually calculate SSC 3PO's height using the SSC product height for R2.

Also curious how the R2 will look next to HT Luke and other SSC releases (just not SSC Vader...)

Back