Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not fussed about scale so long as basic character 'groups' look ok, as you suggest. 3PO has to match R2... Vader shouldn't look ridiculously tall next to stormtroopers... etc.

One win at a time though, I'm glad these two will look good together because body-swapping isn't an option:)

body-swapping isn't an option:)

It isn't?

3POGeonosis.jpg

Thanks to SSC/CAHobbit for posting those pictures! It really shows an attention to fan/buyer requests.:clap

The proportional height looks fine - in some screenshots R2 does have larger wheels (maybe for off-roading,) so small "lifts" under the SSC R2 would work. If he was lifted even only 1/8" or so the heights would be 100% perfect. Really, really excited for these two figures now.

The side angle of the 3PO's chin in these pics does reveal the Leno issue a bit more, but with the head at the right angle it will disappear.

Hope turning on the 3PO eye lights is easily done. It seems the R2 has some kind of touch sensor - hope 3PO has similar.

Hope turning on the 3PO eye lights is easily done. It seems the R2 has some kind of touch sensor - hope 3PO has similar.

Mine will all be wired to my lighting system to come on with all the other shelf lights. :) So as long as the batteries aren't in a dumb place like the front of his face, it'll be good. Anyone else can hit me up for the same solution, operated by remote too if you'd like.

Sidehow, you've been decent about this before, so DON'T FORGET THE RESISTORS. It's ONE per parallel connection. If every LED is wired parallel, then it's one resistor per LED. Don't create a burn-out hazard like Hot Toys has in all their products.

Thanks to SSC/CAHobbit for posting those pictures! It really shows an attention to fan/buyer requests.:clap

:exactly: :hi5:

The proportional height looks fine - in some screenshots R2 does have larger wheels (maybe for off-roading,) so small "lifts" under the SSC R2 would work. If he was lifted even only 1/8" or so the heights would be 100% perfect. Really, really excited for these two figures now.

:exactly:
:goodpost:

It's what I needed to see, totally psyched to finally have R2 and 3PO in the collection. :yess:

Wow, R2 looks fantastic as a figure and scale-wise. Thanks Alex! Think he'll look great w/Tamashii 3PO. I like Sideshow's version, as well, but too much stuff coming out to double-up on him. What a great price on R2, as well.

Here are a couple of picks I was able to take a little bit ago for y'all! Hope these help!

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your hectic day for this... for us. I didn't think you would even remember the request so this is a spectacular surprise.

Mine will all be wired to my lighting system to come on with all the other shelf lights. :) So as long as the batteries aren't in a dumb place like the front of his face, it'll be good. Anyone else can hit me up for the same solution, operated by remote too if you'd like.

Sidehow, you've been decent about this before, so DON'T FORGET THE RESISTORS. It's ONE per parallel connection. If every LED is wired parallel, then it's one resistor per LED. Don't create a burn-out hazard like Hot Toys has in all their products.

A remote to turn on all lights for a 1/6 display would be so awesome, but just for 3PO would be a great start. Will explore once it comes out. Curious about the touch sensor R2 has.

Thank you Alex but Artoo looks undersized

But it's nothing like the Medicomm dolls where 3PO was already on the short side (11"), but then R2 was too short/thin even for him.

The SSC proportional heights are going to be easily fixed. Had it been a 1/2"+ discrepancy (which I had read in earlier posts) then it would have been a problem - that's R2 on an apple box. But (if you think it's needed in-hand, which you may not) some subtle 1/8" or so lifts will do the trick.

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your hectic day for this... for us. I didn't think you would even remember the request so this is a spectacular surprise.

Can't think of another major company that would be that responsive to take those pics. VERY cool! It's stuff like that which sets companies apart.

Back