Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry.

snlgilly.jpg

sigpic775_13.gif

I don't know if it's a question of people wanting him chromed and shiny so much as giving the appearance that he would scrub up well but for the weathering. In the pics - with awful lighting - the feel is one of a dull matte finish under the grime. Until better pics are shown it's hard to say exactly what the surface is doing. To me at least.

Yes, what he said. I look at the Koto and I know what it will look like in my hands. The Sideshow finish seems very questionable and dependent upon the lighting. It may be perfect, in some pics it looks great. Fingers crossed.

I received a message asking for a little more info on the arm movement of C-3PO. The pistons will have some slide up and down capabilities (hope that make sense, it's the best I can describe it) that will allow his arms to be moved up and down to a certain degree. So his arms will not be able to be straight up and down at his sides but one will be about to move them down a bit and then back up again.

-SideshowAlex

I just want to know in what way is the arm articulation comparable to the Tamashii? Less movement? More? Same?

I received a message asking for a little more info on the arm movement of C-3PO. The pistons will have some slide up and down capabilities (hope that make sense, it's the best I can describe it) that will allow his arms to be moved up and down to a certain degree. So his arms will not be able to be straight up and down at his sides but one will be about to move them down a bit and then back up again.

-SideshowAlex

Thanks for keeping up with our thread! Any way you can post a pic of Threepio next to R2? Or display them briefly at the booth that way for us?

Yes, please Alex, that would be a great help to know how in scale the two are together -- they're very much a set.

And thanks for the information on the pistons! At least they do in fact work.

Based on that great info from Alex, I'd say the elbow articulation on the Sideshow one is probably about the same as on the Tamashii. At least on the Tama, the pistons don't really have to work in order to move the elbows since the whole contraption slides up and down in a channel. That is probably what the articulation on the Sideshow is like. They probably bend the same amount when all is said and done.

When I move the elbows on the Tama, half the time it's the pistons that give, and half the time they're just sliding up and down in the channel. I think the Sideshow Threepio will work just fine.

Thanks for keeping up with our thread! Any way you can post a pic of Threepio next to R2? Or display them briefly at the booth that way for us?

Sixth Scale Display cases won't be able to come down until breakdown on Sunday. I can see if a pic can be snapped then but it may not be possible if breakdown gets too hectic (which it can). But I'll see!

-SideshowAlex

Sixth Scale Display cases won't be able to come down until breakdown on Sunday. I can see if a pic can be snapped then but it may not be possible if breakdown gets too hectic (which it can). But I'll see!

-SideshowAlex

Thanks so much and good luck!

Just use the two figures you guys have in your secret stash instead of the ones in the display. ;) I'm sure there must be at least a couple more R2s around - 3PO maybe not, but one can hope. I know I've never set up for a trade show without backups.

Just use the two figures you guys have in your secret stash instead of the ones in the display. ;) I'm sure there must be at least a couple more R2s around - 3PO maybe not, but one can hope. I know I've never set up for a trade show without backups.

There is only one C3PO at the show and the display cases are not easily moveable for the sixth scale figures. As such, the soonest anything could possibly be done is Sunday.

Well, we'll all be in your debt if a photo (or hundred) could be snapped with those two standing next to each other on the same level before you place them into their protective traveling coffins. :pray:

to all the people wanting him chromed and shiny.... View attachment 122891

MOST of the saga, he wasn't.

the main reason why he was not chromed because it reflected to much on camera

for those who want chrome just use the Hasbro figure if your doing the ceremonial set up that was the only time he was ultra shiny

It takes a lot of scrolling, but those were the pictures I posted here yesterday:

sdcc2014_sideshow_107.jpg
sdcc2014_sideshow_108.jpg
Love it totally buying, he has finger articulation and eyes light up so cool look forward to finding out more specs but he is going to be bought.

Articulated fingers, somewhat articulated elbows, light-up eyes all help sell me on this. Height would be another factor in conjunction with SS R2 -- which looks to be one of SSs best. But still not sold on the choice of paint. Just because he's dull looking doesn't make him look like he's shiny with a covering of filth.... it makes him look like another 3PO droid. T-3PO. Or B-3PO. But not C-3PO.

Some info from the Star Wars Collectors Panel at SDCC - courtesy of Rebelscum.

Sideshow Collectibles followed. Matt Bischof showing off some of the terrific sixth-scale line:

- Echo and Fives Arc Clone troopers
- Scout trooper and Speeder Bike
- R2-D2 (with dome-lightsaber, touch-sensor lights, sail barge serving tray, and more)
- C-3PO (weathered in all ABS plastic for a pre-oil bath look)
- X-Wing Luke Pilot
- TIE Fighter Pilot

Back