Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's all well and good, and totally plausible - it makes perfect sense of course. But at the same time there are existing relationships here to protect amongst the manufacturers and some curation that happens from LFL. It would seem beyond strange to launch the same character in the same format, around the same time, for both companies.

I never said HT was doing 3PO, I just commented that it may not be as long of a wait before they get to it. Plus Tamashii's 3PO is not that old and SS is doing one now.

That's all well and good, and totally plausible - it makes perfect sense of course. But at the same time there are existing relationships here to protect amongst the manufacturers and some curation that happens from LFL. It would seem beyond strange to launch the same character in the same format, around the same time, for both companies.

No, not at all. Medicom... then Tamashii.... now Sideshow.... HT 3PO should be previewed just after the SS one ships next year.

I never said HT was doing 3PO, I just commented that it may not be as long as a wait before they get to it. But Tamashii's 3PO is not that old and SS is doing one now.

No, you did say just that: 3PO is coming very soon. :)

I'm putting words into your mouth, kidding. But you give me hope. I'll wait for HT.

I personally, wouldn't expect an HT 3PO anytime in the near future, like this year(and I have zero knowledge about that) but to say it wont come along anytime in the next few years, I wouldn't bet against it.

I don't know squat and I'm not a rocket scientist but it isn't hard to see that HT will be doing a 3PO, a Vader, a Stormtrooper, a Han, a Leia as they're all directly or indirectly a part of the NEW SEQUELS. And they've got to do a Chewie for no other reason than no one else has been able to do it.

Other than those, I think the rest will be new ST figures.

Tarkins and Dookus are gone if SS doesn't release them in the next year or so.

I don't know squat and I'm not a rocket scientist but it isn't hard to see that HT will be doing a 3PO, a Vader, a Stormtrooper, a Han, a Leia as they're all directly or indirectly a part of the NEW SEQUELS. And they've got to do a Chewie for no other reason than no one else has been able to do it.

Other than those, I think the rest will be new ST figures.

That makes perfect sense

YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bauer confirmed HOT TOYS Han, Leia, Vader, Stormtrooper and 3po reveal tomorrow!

Cancel your preorders! Sell your toys! Drop your pants!

Annoying, isn't it? :)

Its all in good fun :) I am just excited to see the level of detail that HT will bring to SW figs, and I think it is good for SSC because it will be a game changer and it will only better them because they will have to keep up with HT's detail. Ultimately I am a SW fan who is lucky to be in a place in life where I can collect this kind of stuff.

Now back to SS 3PO chat...

What if my pants were already dropped?

Then please continue, but you don't need to relay a play by play. Keep it secret like HT's SW plans. ;)

No, not at all. Medicom... then Tamashii.... now Sideshow.... HT 3PO should be previewed just after the SS one ships next year.

2010… 2013… 2015… ????

Last edited:
I would guess if hot toys was to make one, the first version would be from episode seven.

More images here to further help our C-3PO argument... I mean debate:D

It rhymes with debate anyway.

Holy crap, a link to SirSteve's. Blast from the 90's past.

I've got to say, it's an amazing likeness.

IMG_0001_RESIZED7.jpg

Crap it's like a magic act gone awry! R2! R2! Where have my legs gone!?

The paint does look pretty nice in SirSteve's images though.

PLEASE! For the love of everything's that's holy, someone, anyone, at SDCC, ask sideshow kindly, but firmly, to display R2 and 3PO on the same platform for just a minute and a few hundred photos.

Sweet off-topic mojo. I saw some pictures earlier, but it didn't click. Now I've read the announcement. Sideshow has started making Marvel 1/6 figures. Looks like nice catches for both Sideshow and Hot Toys all around this week. Now here's hoping they get to Spider-Man soon. I really want a comic-inspired Spider-Man.

Last edited:
Back