Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rebelscum has a number of pictures... he looks good overall. I'm thinking the arms are not posable, but I would not be surprised if they had either 2 sets of fixed pose arms (extended and bent) or maybe a fixed set that looks really nice and a poseable one with less attractive pistons.

They went all out on Grievous, so I expect they won't drop the ball on 3PO.

Didn't Alex originally say he wouldn't be ready for SDCC? Looks like she was right.

I like the arms. Really don't need a super posable 3PO, and the accuracy of detail makes me happy. I hope they do good things with the final paint.

If I didn't have the Tamashii, I'd think he looked great. . . but this one just doesn't look right. I can't fault 'em for the plastic look, but when I already have a metal 3PO, I don't need a plastic one.

Rebelscum has a number of pictures... he looks good overall. I'm thinking the arms are not posable, but I would not be surprised if they had either 2 sets of fixed pose arms (extended and bent) or maybe a fixed set that looks really nice and a poseable one with less attractive pistons.

They went all out on Grievous, so I expect they won't drop the ball on 3PO.

Looks like a slot on the forearms for the pistons to slide up and down as the arm bends.

i can't wait for the 3po tamashii vs real 3po vs ss 3po pics.

So far, i like the tamashii. And i don't have it.

yeah i got the tamashii got a good deal through sideshow with my reward points. If i recall it was like 295.00 shipped i had almost two hundred dollars in points at the time

If I didn't have the Tamashii, I'd think he looked great. . . but this one just doesn't look right. I can't fault 'em for the plastic look, but when I already have a metal 3PO, I don't need a plastic one.

Maybe the mouth opening being to high close to the "nose" that makes him appear to have a long jaw or the mouth is too thin. This is just a 2 second observation. And if I can pick it up that fast. Then something wrong with the head sculpt. Fortunately, it still a prototype. I hope Sideshow will rectify this.

If the arms don't articulate at the elbow, I don't think it's the biggest loss.
It's not like you'd be posing 3PO in some sort of action pose anyway.

I think Sideshow have done a good job and hopefully at a reasonable price.
There's now a decent alternative to the Tamashii (I never counted the Medicom as in the race).

It does look like the pistons would slide along those rails... but is that how they worked on the backside of his arms? I'm not sure I ever paid attention now. If the inner pistons work, they did an amazing job.

It'll own everything but my money. I'd rather smoke crack than pay Hot Toys prices for Star Wars figures.

Yup.

I would get a few HT versions of characters I like that crush what is on my shelf now. But for the most part, not going to bother with overpriced HT SW figures.

Like some have already stated, his thighs look a bit on the large side, but that could be a distortion from the pic.
Looking forward to more pics.

Looks like there's a slot for sliding the arms. Finish looks bad, maybe it's just the pictures.

I think I'll buy one, I have a Threepio focus. Doesn't wow me like the Tamashii as yet, picking up that metal paper weight still makes me smile.

I'd like to see Sideshow do an Episode II Threepio, no doubt they will.

Didn't Alex originally say he wouldn't be ready for SDCC? Looks like she was right.

I like the arms. Really don't need a super posable 3PO, and the accuracy of detail makes me happy. I hope they do good things with the final paint.

Sometimes things change. Months ago it didn't seem/look like he'd be ready but our team of artists and production crew worked long and hard to get him ready in time for SDCC. Kind of nice to be surprised I would hope. :)

-SideshowAlex

I think he looks great. right out of the oil bath in Luke's garage.
image.jpg

Yup.

I would get a few HT versions of characters I like that crush what is on my shelf now. But for the most part, not going to bother with overpriced HT SW figures.

ANH Han, Luke, Leia. Bespin Han, Hoth Leia. ROTJ Luke. Chewbacca (if Sideshow doesn't try, or if theirs is insufficient).

That's pretty much it.

Sometimes things change. Months ago it didn't seem/look like he'd be ready but our team of artists and production crew worked long and hard to get him ready in time for SDCC. Kind of nice to be surprised I would hope. :)

-SideshowAlex

It is a very nice surprise. Is this the finished figure, or will he be getting a bit more shine?

Back