Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Collectibles C3PO 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Since R2 was a trilogy encompassing figure, want to bet 3PO will be too? Broken arm from Star Wars, removeable limbs from Empire, alternate head with eye hanging out from Jedi?

Since R2 was a trilogy encompassing figure, want to bet 3PO will be too? Broken arm from Star Wars, removeable limbs from Empire, alternate head with eye hanging out from Jedi?

This is the only way the Tamashii can be topped.....and slightly smaller pistons....

a "sitting hip" accessory would be nice....

Sure, and the three people that picked him up were lucky to get him.

You know that "Perfect" is a marketing term for Tama and has nothing to do with the quality nor design of the figure itself right? You're probably going to want some sauce with that hat, as I expect the SSC to blow the Tama out of the water in terms of likeness. Material feel/weight will be a different matter entirely. Incidentally, there's already a thread for the Tama, we should keep discussions about that figure there. And GI Joe, well, let's just keep that off the board entirely. ;)

Sorry man, SS has never been accurate, look at their two Vaders, Stormies, and even R2 isn't accurate(scale). I can keep going with more figures, all this in terms of likeness. I assume SS will only beat Tama in terms of accessories and smaller pistons, other than that, I will assume this will be close to $200 since it's a new body and the paint job and features. Which you can find a Tama for under $300. Not sure why the hate on Tama but I know SS will not live up to par, they're production figures are usually worse than proto. Will be nice to see this in person when I go to SDCC but no way will SS top Tama in terms of quality. In this case, quantity(features of SS 3PO) will probably win over quality, most will go for SS since Tama is too pricey.

Needless to say I will be getting this too, I like SS and have Tama so I can really compare side by side, Tama really is on a whole nother scale!

This was expected but not so soon, R2 was just revealed 2 months ago. Regardless he is a must to go with R2.

I also like these previews better, gives us something to look forward to at SDCC, seeing the full reveal of the figure, statue etc etc. It is a nice little tease.

Geez, I'm more of a Fett/Vader/Clone fan, but given the reasonable price is leading me to most likely get R2, I just Might have to get 3-P0 and just find a spot for them, price pending of course

I hope it wouldn't be expense since the entire mould can be reuse. I hope the gold paint is able to withstand the test of time.:)

Good to see this announced. Now I can talk about it ;)
SS has more great stuff in the works for the OT that is hopefully gonna be announced soon. OT fans are gonna flip ;)

Good to see this announced. Now I can talk about it ;)
SS has more great stuff in the works for the OT that is hopefully gonna be announced soon. OT fans are gonna flip ;)

Stormtrooper, Slave Leia, or ROTJ Fett would be amazing!

Needless to say I will be getting this too, I like SS and have Tama so I can really compare side by side, Tama really is on a whole nother scale!

We shall see. :) I don't "hate" anything, I just have a low tolerance for things that are overhyped and over-rated - and I can still appreciate those things, I just don't freak out about them. About the only thing here on the forum that makes my jaw drop is the amazing work done by all the members on their mods and custom creations. Comparatively, no production piece can hold a candle to their creative process.

and even R2 isn't accurate(scale).

I've been one of the more vocal about this, but some people jump the gun when reading. Sideshow's SPECS list an incorrect height for R2, but no one outside of Sideshow knows what the actual size of the product is nor how it compares to any other figures in scale. Looking at the possibility of an incorrect listing, we can look at Vader's height spec on the site. It's under-stated by 1/8"on its product page - and I swear I remember it being off by an additional 1/4" at some point, specified as 13.5", although that might just be my imagination.

Last edited:
excited!! personally WANT plastic!! my ultimate 3PO would be a suit, just like it was in the film! like they do with troopers, and frankly, I'd LOVE an alternate Anthony Daniels head. I also want him beat to hell, like in Star Wars (no episode # crap for THIS guy)!!

Stormtrooper, Slave Leia, or ROTJ Fett would be amazing!

The 1/6 3PO with be pretty much a shrunk down version of the PF with full articulation. Not sure if they fixed the huge bug eyes the 1:1 bust and the PF suffer from. But it will be a nice figure. The tamashii will still beat it I think as far as accuracy goes but we will see. I only "know" things I haven't seen the prototype yet.

Last edited:
if you are a fan of a certain fast moving forest vehicle you may want to start looking for display space.

Awesome a wooden throne/carriage to sit 3PO in while he's being run around by the Ewoks! :yess:

:lecture And I see what you did there with the rest of that paragraph. Sneaky, it seems like you know who will shoot first.

Back