Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scale looks pretty damn close

Sideshow should add that as a category on their site. :) "1/6 Scale Figures, Pretty Damn Close to 1/6 Scale Figures, etc.." I'm not sure all the Medicoms would make it in though. Might also need a "Not quite 1/6 Scale Figures" category too.

If he's too short by the suggested 3mm, stick a black Lego tile under each foot and it'll not only replicate wheels but raise him to the correct height.

:wink1:

If he's too short by the suggested 3mm, stick a black Lego tile under each foot and it'll not only replicate wheels but raise him to the correct height.

Pfft Lego. I'll machine something out of metal with real man tools. Or a folded piece of cardboard ;)

R2 comes with wheels, doesn't he? Isn't that what this means (from the Sideshow website):

Prepared to assist the Rebel Alliance, it’s full speed ahead for the starship mechanic, with rolling treads and a retractable third leg enabling tripedal travel.

Because his feet look pretty close to the ground in pictures with not much room for wheels...

Here are a couple of picks I was able to take a little bit ago for y'all! Hope these help!

image-1.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-1.jpg

Nice pics.

R2 comes with wheels, doesn't he? Isn't that what this means (from the Sideshow website):

Because his feet look pretty close to the ground in pictures with not much room for wheels...

But we need BIG wheels to makeup for height lost.:(

Last edited:
Thanks for the side-by-side Alex, very cool :rock

The pics Alex took really do make this SS Threepio look better than the Tamashii in terms of detail. And its very well proportioned. Not saying its better, guys, don't start. Just sayin', in that pic...

Yeah, I'm really pleased with Sideshow's C-3PO so far. And if those pistons really work then I think their figure will be taking the prize for me over the Tamashii.

Yeah, I'm really pleased with Sideshow's C-3PO so far. And if those pistons really work then I think their figure will be taking the prize for me over the Tamashii.

I don't think the pistons themselves actually slide or pump -- which is why SS has been so vague about explaining it -- but I do think the whole pistons slides along the rails along the arm.

I also believe there will be a lot of breaking from anxious users.

New images from the R2 thread:

pictures of two droids together. Finally the correct scale? You're right galactiboy :lol

For the folks keeping detailed numbers… He looks about 1/4" off to me. If that's right, based on the 6.75" height published on the web site, it's 3.7% too small. ;) IMO, the height will work reasonably well when you add a little space underneath to simulate the wheels, it's the girth that can't be corrected or masked as easily. Yup, no replacement for girth.

I don't think the pistons themselves actually slide or pump -- which is why SS has been so vague about explaining it -- but I do think the whole pistons slides along the rails along the arm.

I also believe there will be a lot of breaking from anxious users.

They will slide up and down a bit to allow some arm movement. I confirmed this a few days ago here. :)

-SideshowAlex

More nice pictures. Things are looking better. Though, I do like the ballooned version better.

They will slide up and down a bit to allow some arm movement. I confirmed this a few days ago here. :)

-SideshowAlex

No, I know, and it was appreciated, but its still unclear what part is sliding. Do the tubes on the pistons actually slide in and out of one another (telescoping action)? Or do the fixed pistons slide along the rail on the sides of the arms?

Do you see any grooves in his arms? Unless the mechanism for movement is missting, it would look like the piston would just slid in and out of the housing and maybe the housing articulates a bit as well to allow it to move. If that's all true it will be pretty damn impressive.

Back